By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawlout Physical Version announced

Why do people want smash bros if we already have brawlout :P

A physical version of Brawlout is on the way, Merge Games has announced. The company has partnered with Angry Mob Games to bring the Switch title to retail.

Merge Games and Angry Mob Games said of today’s news:

“We are delighted to have teamed-up with Angry Mob Games. Brawlout is an awesome title and partnering with Angry Mob Games has been a great experience. We believe Brawlout on the Switch will be warmly welcomed by retailers and fans alike.” – Merge Games managing director Luke Keighran

“Brawlout had such an amazing reception on Nintendo Switch, with a dedicated community of over 80K players in its first month alone. It’s impressive, and humbling, to see people throw themselves so wholeheartedly into Brawlout and we hope to cater to even more types of gamers with the physical release!” – Angry Mob Games CEO Bogdan Iliesiu

The physical version of Brawlout launches in early May. For those who prefer the digital version, it’s out now on the Switch eShop.

Source 1: Merge Games PR

Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Shikamo said:

While Brawlout is fine, it is clear Smash is superior. Smash has more fighters, more stages. As far as I can see no stage in Brawlout has Stage dangers. Brawlout also has no items that can make the fights more hilarious. Also the unlock system in Brawlout is strange. Was brawlout free to play on phones? This would explain that, then the additional stages and fighters were unlocked on phones via microtransactions.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Shikamo said:

While Brawlout is fine, it is clear Smash is superior. Smash has more fighters, more stages. As far as I can see no stage in Brawlout has Stage dangers. Brawlout also has no items that can make the fights more hilarious. Also the unlock system in Brawlout is strange. Was brawlout free to play on phones? This would explain that, then the additional stages and fighters were unlocked on phones via microtransactions

Brawlout isnt on phones

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Mnementh said:

While Brawlout is fine, it is clear Smash is superior. Smash has more fighters, more stages. As far as I can see no stage in Brawlout has Stage dangers. Brawlout also has no items that can make the fights more hilarious. Also the unlock system in Brawlout is strange. Was brawlout free to play on phones? This would explain that, then the additional stages and fighters were unlocked on phones via microtransactions

Brawlout isnt on phones

Ha. That makes this strange system with gems and pinatas even more strange. I don't know what they were thinking as they did that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Shikamo said:

While Brawlout is fine, it is clear Smash is superior. Smash has more fighters, more stages. As far as I can see no stage in Brawlout has Stage dangers. Brawlout also has no items that can make the fights more hilarious. Also the unlock system in Brawlout is strange. Was brawlout free to play on phones? This would explain that, then the additional stages and fighters were unlocked on phones via microtransactions.

lol this was just a joke because the ninty fans keep asking for smash 4 deluxe or melee hd during all nintendo directs, honestly i prefer to wait for smash 5, but a smash 4 deluxe would be good too.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Shikamo said:
Mnementh said:

lol this was just a joke because the ninty fans keep asking for smash 4 deluxe or melee hd during all nintendo directs, honestly i prefer to wait for smash 5, but a smash 4 deluxe would be good too.

I would honestly rater get a Smash 4 Deluxe than Smash 5 at this point. Smash 4 has so much content already, and if we combine the 3Ds and the WiiU versions, we could have a title filled to the brim with content. A Smash 5 would need years and a lot of DLC to reach that kind of content.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Shikamo said:
Mnementh said:

Yeah. I don't want to talk down Brawlout, it is a good game, but clearly no smash. On the other hand it does not cost as much as Smash.

And yes, currently I'm a bit torn if I would like a Smash 4 Deluxe. I did for some others, I'm especially happy about Hyrule Warriors Deluxe, but in Smash case... I don't know. Probably I would bite, but currently I feel quite content with Arms (which is pretty good) and Brawlout. There is also Pokken and Street Fighter, so the fighting genre is covered for Switch I think. Smash 5 is a definitive though.

Any word on a physical release for the PS4 version?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

i think no, because the ps4 and xbox one versions havent been released yet.

Shikamo said:
Azuren said:

i think no, because the ps4 and xbox one versions havent been released yet.

Curses

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames