By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Review By The Walrus: Lego City Undercover (Switch)

What do you want next?

Lego City Undercover 2 4 66.67%

A Pre-Prequel! 0 0%

A new open world game 1 16.67%

More of the linear games 1 16.67%

Lego World 2 0 0%

Total:6
GoOnKid said:

Congrats to your promotion! I'm sure you are a great addition. I like your style.

Thank you! Always appreciate the encouragement! My first "official" review will be for Shiftlings: Enhanced Edition for Switch. About halfway through the game at the moment and then I'll put that up.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
GoOnKid said:

Congrats to your promotion! I'm sure you are a great addition. I like your style.

Thank you! Always appreciate the encouragement! My first "official" review will be for Shiftlings: Enhanced Edition for Switch. About halfway through the game at the moment and then I'll put that up.

I'm looking forward to it!

Considering you like stories in video games you should definitely review Celeste.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Nah, I'm sure you're right on that, Dulfite, it's just been something nobody seemed to ask/answer yet for one reason or another. Either way, thanks for the info!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I complete agree with your review. In my eyes, this is one of the most underrated gems of this generation, and easily the best lego video game ever.

TT games should make more unliscensed games like this and let their imagination fly, rather than sticking to stupid liscenced crap.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I would give it an 8/10.

I did not like they cut down on some parts of the freedom like flying around and jump out anywhere, technical issues and it is just the same lego formula

Positives not based on IP (can be good or bad tho). It is a lot of fun and makes a unique gift for children. Multiplayer (local)!! It is pretty long/big.

BTW Lego sm2 indeed isn't that great but the first one + avengers are great aswell and my favourites in the Lego universe. I basically platinumed them all except Ninjago and lego worlds (really dislike the last one).

I wish I could easily recommend this, but the unstable framerate undocked is pretty distracting.

flashfire926 said:
I complete agree with your review. In my eyes, this is one of the most underrated gems of this generation, and easily the best lego video game ever.

TT games should make more unliscensed games like this and let their imagination fly, rather than sticking to stupid liscenced crap.

I haven't played many (so far), but as much as I've enjoyed playing Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, it doesn't hold up to Lego City at all, especially to my wife!

konnichiwa said:
I would give it an 8/10.

I did not like they cut down on some parts of the freedom like flying around and jump out anywhere, technical issues and it is just the same lego formula

Positives not based on IP (can be good or bad tho). It is a lot of fun and makes a unique gift for children. Multiplayer (local)!! It is pretty long/big.

BTW Lego sm2 indeed isn't that great but the first one + avengers are great aswell and my favourites in the Lego universe. I basically platinumed them all except Ninjago and lego worlds (really dislike the last one).

Darn, I was interested in Lego World but kept having some internal resistance to buying it. So you would not recommend it?

xxbrothawizxx63 said:
I wish I could easily recommend this, but the unstable framerate undocked is pretty distracting.

Sorry you had noticable issues! I'm not really a "visual" person, in terms of what I focus on (graphics are only worth 10% of my reviews). Framerates have to be REALLY bad for me to notice. My brother in law is a pcoverlord and pretty much anything under 60 fps he notices and is bothered by lol. For me, I can barely tell the difference unless I'm watching side by side videos. It would have to dip below 30, or maybe below 25 for me to notice.

One game I DID notice on was Arkham Knight on PC (before they patched it). My goodness was that a complete nightmare, and I have a 980 ti gtx! lol