By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NPD sales: Switch (2018) VS Wii (2008)

Switch sales in USA in 2018?

4 million or less 6 8.00%

4-5 million 4 5.33%

5-6 million 14 18.67%

6-7 million 16 21.33%

7-8 million 11 14.67%

8-9 million 7 9.33%

9-10 million 7 9.33%

over 10 million 10 13.33%

Total:75
Mbolibombo said:
quickrick said:

I make bets, that i know i will win, if you can do 5.2 million then i will take it.

So you're not sure about that 4.5? ;)

No problems, I can take that 5.2 bet.

ok bet is on.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

I make bets, that i know i will win, if you can do 5.2 million then i will take it.

quickrick said:

ok bet is on.

???

well in my mind i know i'm gonna win. lol

quickrick said:
Mbolibombo said:

ok bet is on.

Happy to hear, Good luck! I think you might need it =)

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

well in my mind i know i'm gonna win. lol

You should have factored in the situation of holidays 2017. Nintendo's stock was limited, so there were no bundles or temporary price drops for Switch. The same stock limitations won't exist in 2018, so Nintendo can easily shift an extra million during the holidays with more attractive offers; those are bound to come because production of Switch hardware will be at a high enough level to justify making such offers. November 2017 was only ~800k, so a Black Friday deal in 2018 can tack on a significant number.

Switch sold 4.8m in 2017, so an amount of 5.2m or more in 2018 is actually quite easy to reach. That bet shouldn't have been agreed upon so quick, rick.

But the bet is official, so there's no turning back now.

stock wasn't limited in the holidays, which where i believe most sales get lost, for that year, but on regular months, i don't think stock was a huge factor maybe it could have did 150k more, also believe switch sold way more because of huge launch demand last year, i also don't see  50$ price being a huge deal, it's still expensive for a handheld. 

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

stock wasn't limited in the holidays, which where i believe most sales get lost, for that year, but on regular months, i don't think stock was a huge factor maybe it could have did 150k more, also believe switch sold way more because of huge launch demand last year, i also don't see  50$ price being a huge deal, it's still expensive for a handheld. 

Good luck. You will need it.

He will need more than luck. It would need a disaster for Switch to be down year-on-year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
RolStoppable said:

Good luck. You will need it.

He will need more than luck. It would need a disaster for Switch to be down year-on-year.

What you guys should have factored in is quickrick's secret knowledge that North Korea will be nuking Japan before or by the 21st of June and so the Switch will have very little buyers in Asian markets. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
LipeJJ said:

What you guys should have factored in is quickrick's secret knowledge that North Korea will be nuking Japan before or by the 21st of June and so the Switch will have very little buyers in Asian markets. 

I don't get why my prediction so crazy, ps4 second year it sold around the same, i'm giving switch 300k more, to improve, and it won't have a launch boost or the pent up the demand of last year, nintedo might not  even drop the price, probably will just bundle a game for the holidays. 

quickrick said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't get why my prediction so crazy, ps4 second year it sold around the same, i'm giving switch 300k more, to improve, and it won't have a launch boost or the pent up the demand of last year, nintedo might not  even drop the price, probably will just bundle a game for the holidays. 

You do remember that the Switch was very supply constrained until the mid-end of summer for most regions? Even if the sales would be flat the difference from not being constrained anymore this year would give it a nice plus.

Seriously, even if the Switch would do badly this year it should still beat your prediction. And I'm very sure Switch will do more than just okay (= flat) this year

Bofferbrauer2 said:
quickrick said:

You do remember that the Switch was very supply constrained until the mid-end of summer for most regions? Even if the sales would be flat the difference from not being constrained anymore this year would give it a nice plus.

Seriously, even if the Switch would do badly this year it should still beat your prediction. And I'm very sure Switch will do more than just okay (= flat) this year

were are talking about US sales now. i'm only looking at month by month sales when stock was good, not seeing why switch  should start doing much better then ps4 1st or second year, when it hasn't shown any break out months, in 2017 with a bunch a huge titles.

Last edited by quickrick - on 24 February 2018

Mbolibombo said:
quickrick said:

I am still kind of new to these forums.  Do these bets have any stakes?