By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NPD sales: Switch (2018) VS Wii (2008)

Switch sales in USA in 2018?

4 million or less 6 8.00%

4-5 million 4 5.33%

5-6 million 14 18.67%

6-7 million 16 21.33%

7-8 million 11 14.67%

8-9 million 7 9.33%

9-10 million 7 9.33%

over 10 million 10 13.33%

Total:75
routsounmanman said:
quickrick said:

doable based on what? switch is doing regular ps4 numbers.  people act like pokemon is the second coming, when we know it didn't do anything of that kind on 3ds. which is a much cheaper device for people that want to play pokemon.

Ohhh you're in for a tough wake-up call come Pokemon Switch.

based on what though? all of a sudden because its on switch its gonna drive sales through the moon when it couldn't on much cheaper 179$ 3ds.   

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Mbolibombo said:
7M for the Switch in 2018 seems doable. If Pokemon... who the heck knows.

Also, what a beast the Wii was in 2008, insane.

doable based on what? switch is doing regular ps4 numbers.  people act like pokemon is the second coming, when we know it didn't do anything of that kind on 3ds. which is a much cheaper device for people that want to play pokemon.

I think it's safe to say that we're either going to see Smash, Pokemon or Animal Crossing or possibly even two of those and we all know how much those drive sales. Then there's the ever green Nintendo titles that always keep selling hardware. There should be better stock this year as well to boost mid season sales compared to last year as well.

You dont think it's possible to sell another 2M compared to this year? 

What are your expectations? 

quickrick said:
routsounmanman said:

Ohhh you're in for a tough wake-up call come Pokemon Switch.

based on what though? all of a sudden because its on switch its gonna drive sales through the moon when it couldn't on much cheaper 179$ 3ds.   

Yeah, you're absolutely right, there is no reason the real first Pokemon game on a home console would make consoles sell more if it didn't for the 3DS. Just like Monster Hunter I guess.

Oh, whait

Mbolibombo said:
quickrick said:

I think it's safe to say that we're either going to see Smash, Pokemon or Animal Crossing or possibly even two of those and we all know how much those drive sales. Then there's the ever green Nintendo titles that always keep selling hardware. There should be better stock this year as well to boost mid season sales compared to last year as well.

4.5 million for the year.

SKMBlake said:
quickrick said:

Yeah, you're absolutely right, there is no reason the real first Pokemon game on a home console would make consoles sell more if it didn't for the 3DS. Just like Monster Hunter I guess.

Oh, whait

pokemon has always been a franchise that sales on handhelds, why would a console version change anything? i didn't say it wouldn't sell consoles, but people are acting like it's gtav caliber.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Mbolibombo said:

Based on wishful thinking?

Mbolibombo said:
quickrick said:

like i said before it's doing your average ps4 monthly numbers, and it doesn't have the third party support to keep momentum. 

quickrick said:
Mbolibombo said:

like i said before it's doing your average ps4 monthly numbers, and it doesn't have the third part support to keep momentum.

I usually dont request an avatar bet but this is just too good of a bet to not take. Are you in?

If it's 4.5 or lower, you win. If it's higher I win. 3 months avatar bet.

Mbolibombo said:
quickrick said:

like i said before it's doing your average ps4 monthly numbers, and it doesn't have the third part support to keep momentum.

I usually dont request an avatar bet but this is just too good of a bet to not take. Are you in?

I make bets, that i know i will win, if you can do 5.2 million then i will take it.

quickrick said:
Mbolibombo said:

I make bets, that i know i will win, if you can do 5.2 million then i will take it.

So you're not sure about that 4.5? ;)

No problems, I can take that 5.2 bet.