By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NPD sales: Switch (2018) VS Wii (2008)

Switch sales in USA in 2018?

4 million or less 6 8.00%

4-5 million 4 5.33%

5-6 million 14 18.67%

6-7 million 16 21.33%

7-8 million 11 14.67%

8-9 million 7 9.33%

9-10 million 7 9.33%

over 10 million 10 13.33%

Total:75

Probably not 10mil+ but I could easily see it doing 8-9 mil especially if Nintendo makes more casual games this year and Switch brakes through with casuals.

Around the Network

Numbers are in. Apparently the Switch is like 300k plus this January. Looks like the Switch took this month and probably for the last time until December.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Numbers are in. Apparently the Switch is like 300k plus this January. Looks like the Switch took this month and probably for the last time until December.

not really 3ds and super nes are counted, if they both combined for 250k. then we will have much lower numbers.

Wii was just a monster

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

switch won't even win one month.

Looks like another instance of a wrong call.

well we don't even know if switch sold that much, and you are comparing 4 week npd vs 5 npd, not exactly a accurate comparison. 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

Looks like another instance of a wrong call.

well we don't even know if switch sold that much, and you are comparing 4 week npd vs 5 npd, not exactly a accurate comparison. 

People will like you more when you stop displaying console warrior behavior, its ok to admit you were wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

People will like you more when you stop displaying console warrior behavior, its ok to admit you were wrong.

so now stating facts is console warrior behavior get that resetera crap out of here. lol.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

so now stating facts is console warrior behavior get that resetera crap out of here. lol.

Because you are already making excuses, you said it would not win a single month and now you are playing the 5 week vs 4 week card so you have an easy out if you were wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

This comparison is so unfair :P

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Because you are already making excuses, you said it would not win a single month and now you are playing the 5 week vs 4 week card so you have an easy out if you were wrong.

5 weeks vs 4 weeks is a huge difference, its not a excuse, this is a fact. if i knew jan was 5 weeks vs 4 weeks, of course i would have never said that switch wouldn't even win one month, it's logical for switch do around 260-280k with 5 weeks vs 200-220k for 4 weeks, so if jan was a normal 4 weeks, yes switch would never one any npd.