By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro: System Wide Supersampling Added In 5.50 System Update

Random_Matt said:
Hmm, was just actually looking at the Pro 5mins ago, yet to play horizon. Wonder if this makes it more worth while, not planning on 4K for probably like forever.

If you're never going to get 4K I don't think a Pro is worthwhile for you.  Get a regular PS4 and spend the extra money on a solid state drive.  That'll give you a more obvious benefit.  

Around the Network

Now I am interested in a PS4.

Can a Playstation 4 Pro owner tell me if they have native 1440P output support? My Xbox One X doesn't, and I don't want to game at 1080P.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Can a Playstation 4 Pro owner tell me if they have native 1440P output support? My Xbox One X doesn't, and I don't want to game at 1080P.

I don't own a PS4 PRo but I know a ton of people who do and I can 100% confirm it does not support 1440p.

On topic: Nice to see them grab this feature from the one X, even if you have an old display just give the best picture possible, good job new update.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Guitarguy said:
KBG29 said:

I'd be happy with Dolby Vision (for Games and Movies), and 4K HDR Streaming and Downloads via PlayStation Video.

I think some high-end Sony TV's received Dolby VIsion via firmware update recently. But when I say high-end I mean models like the Z9D lol.

Yepp, all Sony TV's using the X1 Extreme processor recieved a Dolby Vision Update last month (although it is not working properly with external devices). Sony Recievers recieved Dolby Vision back in October. Would be nice to see PlayStation follow suit, and offer the best HDR solution. What good is HDR10 for somthing like GT Sport when it can only display 1000 Nits while the game is built for 10K nits. At least DV offer up to 4K nits.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Pemalite said:

Nope, it doesn't.  But it hink the X is supposed to be getting that feature soon. 

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Pemalite said:

Nope, it doesn't.  But it hink the X is supposed to be getting that feature soon. 

Well that's shit.
Yeah. But the question is "when". - I bought the Xbox One X on launch last year, I'm still waiting after all these months. - To say I am disappointed in the Xbox One X is an understatement.

Hopefully Sony gets onboard with 2560x1440 support sooner rather than later, many games are being rendering at that resolution and many people use a display with that resolution.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

VAMatt said:
Random_Matt said:
Hmm, was just actually looking at the Pro 5mins ago, yet to play horizon. Wonder if this makes it more worth while, not planning on 4K for probably like forever.

If you're never going to get 4K I don't think a Pro is worthwhile for you.  Get a regular PS4 and spend the extra money on a solid state drive.  That'll give you a more obvious benefit.  

I only have 1080p screens and can honestly say the FPS and graphical updates on certain games has made it worthwhile for me. I guess it depends on how much you care about cost vs performance. I would rather not play a standard ps4 now that I've played the Pro.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Pemalite said:

Not a Pro owner but I can tell you that neither machine supports 1440P... If the game outputs are 1440P it is then upscaled to 2160P. They only support the traditional TV resolutions sadly.

vivster said:
For people with trouble following all those frames at once.

Framerate isn't as big of a deal for some as it is for you.

Madword said:
VAMatt said:

I only have 1080p screens and can honestly say the FPS and graphical updates on certain games has made it worthwhile for me. I guess it depends on how much you care about cost vs performance. I would rather not play a standard ps4 now that I've played the Pro.

Bought a Metal Slime edition PS4 instead. Massive DQ fan, will go well with the release of DQ 11.

I can wait for PS5.