By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro: System Wide Supersampling Added In 5.50 System Update

Great news

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
About time really. Should have been day 1.

its only been alittle over a year since launch of the pro.... hahaha 

now to that nagging issue of name change......

Better late than never

I have a 4K tv so this doesn't change anything for me, but that's great news for anyone looking at the Pro who has a 1080p tv.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Maybe this will somehow improve the framerate of Skyrim SE on the Pro displayed on a 1080p... Probably not.

Around the Network

If they want people to buy PS4P then this was definitely required. 1080P mode must be given importance

Hmm, was just actually looking at the Pro 5mins ago, yet to play horizon. Wonder if this makes it more worth while, not planning on 4K for probably like forever.

great as I just got a pro but dont have a 4k tv yet

Thx sony, you guys couldn't added this sooner??? Just finished batman arkham knight and the image quality was a distraction. Aliasing all over the game.

Also isn't there a risk this will lower frame-rate? Ps4 pro just has a small improved in memory bandwidth compared to the original ps4. So in some games this must lower the frame-rate in my opinion.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Barkley said:
Awesome, my Pro on a 1080p tv becomes slightly more useful.

Yep very nice.