By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SONY Q3 Earnings report

2016 Q3 GAMING ONLY
617bln yen sales
50bln yen profit

2017 Q3 GAMING ONLY
718 bln yen sales
85bln yen profit

As an entire company, Sony is possibly at its healthiest with projecting 8500bln yen revenue for FY2017 total, and 720bln yen operating income. They have raised their overall profit projections by ~15%.

They are tweaking overall FY2017 gaming revenue projections downwards from 2000bln yen to 1940bln yen, noting "change in launch date of certain software titles" (most likely God of War) and "higher than expected sales of hardware at promotional prices during the holiday season" (most likely their promo price wars during Black Friday and sprinkles of it throughout December). Projected profit stays the same.

Borrowed from resetera 

Around the Network

Sony shipped 9 million, totaling 76.5 million LTD.

quickrick said:

A decline of 700k consoles last year. Not bad though. Didn’t they raise their internal forecast to 79m ending March 31st? So that’s 2.5m more needed in approximately two months. They should make it if just barely. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
quickrick said:

A decline of 700k consoles last year. Not bad though. Didn’t they raise their internal forecast to 79m ending March 31st? So that’s 2.5m more needed in approximately two months. They should make it if just barely. 

who knows, last year they had 3.7 million sitting on shelves or in transit, this year it's 2.9 million, i'm talking sell through compared to shipping. it's 3 months, as far as i'm aware. they diffidently have lower expectations this year. seems like they should ship 2.5 million easily. 

73.6M sell through, and 76.5M shipped

last year 53.4 million units sold 57.1M shipped

Last edited by quickrick - on 02 February 2018

wait, hold the presses.. you mean to tell me that Sony is no longer "doomed" ??

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Incredible numbers wos

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Over 3 Billion dollars profit in this quarter. That must be some sort of record for Sony or not?

deskpro2k3 said:

No, they’re still doomed. This is just a fluke. You’ll see. 

Oh nintendo is doomed too btw. 

Sadly, some ppl actually believe this :( 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

No, they’re still doomed. This is just a fluke. You’ll see. 

Oh nintendo is doomed too btw. 

Sadly, some ppl actually believe this :( 

i thought nintendo was doomed after WIIU, well not doomed, but something around xbone success, like 40-50 million, but they are killing, even if they only sell 70-80 million, that amount of software they are moving is mind blowing.

Very nice results. Still made a huge jump in profit even with the $199.99 PS4 and PSVR deals this holiday. A huge portion of that very likely comes from a decent uptick in digital sales as noted. I don't think they will have any issues meeting their shipment targets.

Outside of G&NS, things are looking quite well also. Every division was profitable for the first time in ages. Music, Home Entertainment & Sound, and Semiconductors are doing extremely well.

Then you have Mobile Communications, what a waste. Narrow profits have fallen even further. Abysmal sales have dropped 20%, from 5.1 Million to 4 Million. All the technology, patents, and resources are being absolutely wasted, as they basically run as a non profit building devices to expand Googles ecosystem. This division needs to be rolled into G&NS and the technology and patents used to build mobile devices around the PlayStation Architecture and OS. Killing off Vita to focus mobile efforts on Xperia is the worst move in company history, and has cost them over 5 billion dollars. It is time to kill this sink hole, and change course to a stratagy that can actually start to make back the losses, and turn around sales.

Last edited by KBG29 - on 02 February 2018

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL