By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil Revelations sold ~250k on Nintendo Switch

OTBWY said:
GOWTLOZ said:

All I said was PS4 owners had the option between a port of a 6 year old 3DS game and a new acclaimed game and chose the latter. Switch only gamers didn't have a choice so they took what they got which is why Revelations sold more. If Resi 7 made it to Switch things would be different.

No no no. This is spin. The guy specifically said Resident Evil fans.

Resident Evil fans buy the games right? So what stopped them from buying Revelations for their PS4 and Xbox One (funny that the emphasis always turns to PS4). You can't tell me that those fans were still playing 7 (Begin 2017) around the time Revelations (End 2017) came out. That is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe porting fatigue / oversaturation after they bought Resident Evil 4 HD, 5 HD, 6 HD, Zero HD Remaster and Umbrella Corps in 2016 plus Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster and a bunch of Revelations-2-episodes (4 main episodes + 2 bonus episodes) in 2015...

Are you denying that there was much more choice in Resident Evil titles on PS4 and Xbox One than on Switch?

Last edited by Conina - on 01 February 2018

Around the Network

That's pretty good Hopefully that means more Capcom games for Switch soon

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

GOWTLOZ said:
OTBWY said:

Resident Evil fans buy the games right? So what stopped them from buying Revelations for their PS4 and Xbox One (funny that the emphasis always turns to PS4). You can't tell me that those fans were still playing 7 (Begin 2017) around the time Revelations (End 2017) came out. That is beyond ridiculous. 

The no choice thing is ridiculous too, since Switch owners have plenty to play, especially when revelations for the Switch came in november. That argument is long gone.

Not saying Switch owners have nothing to play but there are no other Resi games on the system. You think I'd get a Switch if it had no games? Lol.

Or, just a guess, the Switch has more Resident Evil fans than you think and that's why the Switch version outsold the other versions. Period.

Conina said:
OTBWY said:

Maybe porting fatigue / oversaturation after they bought Resident Evil 4 HD, 5 HD, 6 HD, Zero HD Remaster and Umbrella Corps in 2016 plus Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster and a bunch of Revelations-2-episodes (4 main episodes + 2 bonus episodes) in 2015...

Are you denying that there was much more choice in Resident Evil titles on PS4 and Xbox One than on Switch?

Porting fatigue? I thought we were talking about Resident Evil fans? Wouldn't they buy a game regardless because it's RE? What you're suggesting is based on nothing. The simple thing is that there were no other Resident Evil games for almost a year. Revelations came out in november on an even field, and beat the other versions. Thus showing that there was much more interest for than on other systems. Maybe the Switch has more RE fans than you're willing to accept.

OTBWY said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Not saying Switch owners have nothing to play but there are no other Resi games on the system. You think I'd get a Switch if it had no games? Lol.

Or, just a guess, the Switch has more Resident Evil fans than you think and that's why the Switch version outsold the other versions. Period.

That's unlikely considering Resi 4, 5 and 6 all sold above a million on PS4 and Xbox One and Resi 7 sold way more. There is less reason for Resi fans to buy a Switch than PS4 unless there is a huge overlap of Nintendo and Resi fans.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
OTBWY said:

That's unlikely considering Resi 4, 5 and 6 all sold above a million on PS4 and Xbox One and Resi 7 sold way more. There is less reason for Resi fans to buy a Switch than PS4 unless there is a huge overlap of Nintendo and Resi fans.

Relative to installbases, they should, but that installbase (or fanbase) didn't buy this one. If the Switch had those installbases it could have sold the same or more. RE games managed to sell over a million on Nintendo systems before. And there was more than enough time to get over whatever fatigue there was between all those ports. If they weren't fans, we both would agree, they would have had different games to play (there were a lot of releases between October and December) yet they still bought it.

There was more interest for this version than the others. Could have been the portability. Simple.

xMetroid said:
I was expecting a massive flop bc of the release schedule with all third party within weeks but i think it did pretty great. It will eventually reach out some great numbers over time. Makes me think Skyrim reached a million (since Nintendo reported 2 third party games reached 1 million. We know 1 of them is M+R). Hopefully Doom is close to 500k. That would be amazing.

Source? (about  "2 third party games reached 1 million")

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

se7en7thre3 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Chances are the other million seller is either Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Pokken or Skyrim.

rocket league has been an eshop monster as well

True that. But i think Stardew Valley is more global and was out before so i think it reached the million before.

It might also be Minecraft since its really popular in Japan.

OTBWY said:
Conina said:

Porting fatigue? I thought we were talking about Resident Evil fans? Wouldn't they buy a game regardless because it's RE? What you're suggesting is based on nothing. The simple thing is that there were no other Resident Evil games for almost a year. Revelations came out in november on an even field, and beat the other versions. Thus showing that there was much more interest for than on other systems. Maybe the Switch has more RE fans than you're willing to accept.

Not every fan buys multiple versions of a game, especially if the releases of these ports are so close together. Maybe you are also focussing on the fan-aspect to ignore any context on the differences of both platforms just to support your argument.

Pretty good representation on Switch side.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."