By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil Revelations sold ~250k on Nintendo Switch

So far all the Capcom ports have done well, if i recall correctly..... Ultra Street Fighter II-500k Monster Hunter XX-350k Resident Evil Revelations-250k Im 100% convinced the Mega Man Collections will sell well. In conclusion, its time for some original releases or at least ports of recent games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It's a shame Capcom gets rewarded for their lazy efforts on Switch so far. All they put out so far is incredibly lazy and overpriced. Meanwhile all I wanted was Okami yet they decide to not even release that on Switch. Seriously, Capcom is the worst publisher ever (which is a shame as they can be great developers when they try).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Conina said:
OTBWY said:

Porting fatigue? I thought we were talking about Resident Evil fans? Wouldn't they buy a game regardless because it's RE? What you're suggesting is based on nothing. The simple thing is that there were no other Resident Evil games for almost a year. Revelations came out in november on an even field, and beat the other versions. Thus showing that there was much more interest for than on other systems. Maybe the Switch has more RE fans than you're willing to accept.

Not every fan buys multiple versions of a game, especially if the releases of these ports are so close together. Maybe you are also focussing on the fan-aspect to ignore any context on the differences of both platforms just to support your argument.

lolwat. Not every person who buys RE is a fan too. In fact, I believe that RE7 being so different is why it sold more. Easy isn't it? speculating without any basis. Plus, a years time is close together? I thought the argument here was that fans were still playing RE7 which is why they didn't buy Revelations? Now it's me that is focusing on the fans? That was your assumption to make, which is why you sidestepped into port fatigue. 

Alkibiádēs said:
It's a shame Capcom gets rewarded for their lazy efforts on Switch so far. All they put out so far is incredibly lazy and overpriced. Meanwhile all I wanted was Okami yet they decide to not even release that on Switch. Seriously, Capcom is the worst publisher ever (which is a shame as they can be great developers when they try).

Each of the Revelations games were $20, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Street Fighter at $40 on the other hand was very overpriced.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Did better than I thought it would

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Six months from now: Street Fighter Anniversary Collection sells best on Switch A year from now: Mega Man 11 sells best on Switch

I grabbed RE7 for PS4 and Resident Evil Revelations 1 &2 for the Switch. It just felt like a good fit for portable (though RER 2 is definitely meant for two players and a TV). One of my coworkers has been watching me play Switch and he finally broke down and bought one. He currently owns Resident Evil Revelations 1 &2, NBA 2K18, and Doom. He isn't really a fan of Nintendo styled games. He wanted something to fill the "Call of Duty" void but there really isn't anything like that that I know of, yet.

melbye said:
Six months from now: Street Fighter Anniversary Collection sells best on Switch A year from now: Mega Man 11 sells best on Switch

Neither of those would surprise me.

d21lewis said:
Resident Evil Revelations has been on 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, and finally the Switch. I'm shocked there's people that want the game and didn't already own it.

True, but also is not like it sold amazing on the other platforms, besides the 3DS and maybe the PS3.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138