By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil Revelations sold ~250k on Nintendo Switch

Conina said:
zorg1000 said:

Didnt the ports of 4, 5 & 6 each do 1 million on PS4/XBO?

Did they?

I dont trust that, i think it came directly from Capcom but not 100% sure.

Ill try looking it up.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Conina said:
zorg1000 said:

Did they?

Sorry i dont have a link but on their wikipedia pages it says RE4 & RE5 did 1 million on PS4/XBO while RE6 did 1.2 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

xMetroid said:
I was expecting a massive flop bc of the release schedule with all third party within weeks but i think it did pretty great. It will eventually reach out some great numbers over time. Makes me think Skyrim reached a million (since Nintendo reported 2 third party games reached 1 million. We know 1 of them is M+R). Hopefully Doom is close to 500k. That would be amazing.

I think Super Bomberman R has a realistic shot at being that other game, Skyrim if it already hasn't reached 1M will likely do so in the next few weeks

Resident Evil Revelations has been on 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, and finally the Switch. I'm shocked there's people that want the game and didn't already own it.

d21lewis said:
Resident Evil Revelations has been on 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, and finally the Switch.

You forgot the PC version, which combines the stereoscopic 3D of the 3DS version with high resolutions and high fps.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
I was expecting a massive flop bc of the release schedule with all third party within weeks but i think it did pretty great. It will eventually reach out some great numbers over time. Makes me think Skyrim reached a million (since Nintendo reported 2 third party games reached 1 million. We know 1 of them is M+R). Hopefully Doom is close to 500k. That would be amazing.

Chances are the other million seller is either Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Pokken or Skyrim.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

That's decent. But then again RE is always decent on Nintendo platforms. It's one of the third party franchises fits with Nintendo's audience it seems.

Darwinianevolution said:
xMetroid said:

Chances are the other million seller is either Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Pokken or Skyrim.

Right forgot about that SV topping charts for months. It probably is at 1 milly.

Darwinianevolution said:
xMetroid said:

rocket league has been an eshop monster as well

OTBWY said:
Conina said:
Most Resident Evil fans on PS4 and XBO were probably busy playing Resident Evil 7 instead of a 5 year old handheld port.

Wouldn't most fans just buy both Resident Evil 7 and Revelations? Seems most fans just wanted the Switch version instead of the others. lol.

Resident Evil 7 was great but I never even realised Revelations got released. Anyways having played both 7 is far superior so no point in playing Revelations again on PS4 when I already played it on PS3.

Conina said:
zorg1000 said:

Did they?

These are wrong. Capcom in their quarterly said all these RE ports on PS4 and Xbox One sold over a million but if I'm correct they were released before 7 and at $20.