By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and Illumination officially announce a Mario movie, co-produced by Miyamoto

Nintendo has confirmed rumors that the company is teaming up with Illumination Entertainment for a Mario movie. Shigeru Miyamoto will be on board as a co-producer, as will Chris Meledandri.

Illumination is best known for its work on the Despicable Me / Minions franchise. Meledandri has also been an executive producer on Ice Age.

Source

Last edited by Shikamo - on 31 January 2018

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

That company does not have the best track record but they do know how to make success movies for cheap. Also Universal also owns them right? I guess Disney thinks Mario as a competitor.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I have never liked a single one of their movies, so I'm very iffy on this. But, it could be a good movie.

It’s an exciting development, but I just think Illumination is a poor choice for a partner.

To my knowledge, Miyamoto didn't have any input or creative control over the Super Mario Brothers movie. So, if he is co-producing this film, than at least, despite not being a video game, it should still feel true to Mario and not stray too far away into "Hollywood" territory. (....Tries to forget Dragon Ball Evolution and The Last Airbender.)

Around the Network

Oh boy. It's really happening. I guess we'd better start hoping that Illumination can finally make a second good movie.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

They're really going out of their way to avoid Disney, aren't they?

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
They're really going out of their way to avoid Disney, aren't they?

They're already working with Universal for the theme park so it's only natural to partner up for movies as well.

I really hope Mario doesn't talk too much...

Have a nice day...