By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Twitter user: "No Bayonetta on PS4?" Hideki Kamiya: "Ask Ninty, also ask for Mario and Zelda on PS4"

TheLegendaryWolf said:
vivster said:

The logic behind continuing to nag people is to annoy them to a point where they think twice about signing bullshit exclusive contracts. If people stay quiet these things will just continue to happen and it will get worse.

If it wasn't for that "bull$hit exclusive contract", Bayonetta would never had gotten a sequel much less a trilogy. Fact of the matter is the series still exists because Nintendo took a chance and got SEGA to "lease" or whatever the rights to continue the franchise and funded it themselves at that.

This! Say it LOUDER for the people at the back! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
vivster said:

That is not true at all. There was always a possibility for Bayonetta. If not Nintendo, there could've been an opportunity later down the line that would've benefited more people. If I have to choose between exclusive bullshit now or multiplatform game later, of course I would choose later. It's not like there is a shortage of games and we desperately needed Bayonetta right now.

"If this guy hadn't done that" is generally a stupid rhetoric, since there is always someone else who could've done the same and probably even better.

Bayonetta 2 started off as a 360/PS3 game. Sega cancelled it. If Nintendo didn't pick it up, it wouldn't have been released. It was dead IP. This isn't the case  of hardware maker taking a hugely popular game franchise and locking it behind exclusivity. The revived a cancelled game. If Sega thought Bayonetta 3 would be a big seller. They wouldn't have made an agreement for the third game. As much as enjoy Bayonetta it's a niche franchise. If you're a fan of the series, you should be happy to have option to continue playing it. 

What the fuck is a dead IP? Thousands of IPs haven't been used for years and people still pray for them to become back. An IP is dead if the trademark expires and not a second before that. And if anyone knows something about unused IPs it's Nintendo.

As a fan of an IP I would be happy if the eventual game is the best version of what it could be and not an intentionally gimped version that is only available to a select few. Contrary to popular opinion I'd rather eat nothing than shit. There are plenty of great games out there that do not cripple themselves, that I can play while waiting for a proper execution of my favorite IP. Ask all the Bayonetta fans that couldn't or didn't want to afford a Nintendo console how happy they are that Bayonetta lives on, because for them it might as well not exist at all. And looking at the sales that's apparently the majority of Bayonetta fans.

I had this discussion already a long time ago and the facts haven't changed. No one owes Nintendo anything because anyone else could've done the same and probably even better if they had just waited long enough.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

betacon said:
Peh said:

Well, it's more like: if you can't stand the heat don't go into the kitchen. 

Imagine you being asked the same stupid question for years by thousand of different people because they don't did their research first. Nintendo funded it. End of story. 

They funded the first game did they? As an actually adult no it wouldn't bother me, he doesn't have to respond.

They've funded the 2nd game and probably the 3rd aswell.

The first one is a multiplat and rights belong to Sega.

Edit: people have already responded. Kamiya is well known for responses like that. Also, it's not really up to him to decide where his games are being released at.

Last edited by Peh - on 01 February 2018

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

It still blows my mind that Bayo is a Nintendo exclusive franchise right now. If you asked me if this was going to be a thing way back in the PS360 release of the first game, I would have called you nuts.

Nothing is certain, everything is permitted.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

Exclusives are what truly defines each console and what set them apart from each other. Also a lot of games wouldn't have existed without exclusivity deals. If it wasn't for Demon's Soul, Dark Souls or that genre wouldn't have existed.

So? If those games hadn't existed, other, potentially better games could've existed. What's your point? Just because I understand the reason why exclusives exist doesn't mean it's a great concept for consumers.

As I said before "If this guy hadn't done that thing then, this would've never happened" is a stupid rhetoric that holds no value. That's like saying "if that one caveman hadn't invented fire, nobody else would've. It completely ignores reality and the fact that this is a planet of a few billion people and thousands of companies.

You don't understand exclusives when you're still arguing that it's bad for consumers. Some games would not have existed or have gotten sequels if it wasn't for exclusivity deals. That still holds true today so your fire comparison doesn't make any sense. I mean we are debating about this in a thread about a game that wouldn't have existed without that exclusivity. 

Around the Network
vivster said:
Darc Requiem said:

Bayonetta 2 started off as a 360/PS3 game. Sega cancelled it. If Nintendo didn't pick it up, it wouldn't have been released. It was dead IP. This isn't the case  of hardware maker taking a hugely popular game franchise and locking it behind exclusivity. The revived a cancelled game. If Sega thought Bayonetta 3 would be a big seller. They wouldn't have made an agreement for the third game. As much as enjoy Bayonetta it's a niche franchise. If you're a fan of the series, you should be happy to have option to continue playing it. 

What the fuck is a dead IP? Thousands of IPs haven't been used for years and people still pray for them to become back. An IP is dead if the trademark expires and not a second before that. And if anyone knows something about unused IPs it's Nintendo.

As a fan of an IP I would be happy if the eventual game is the best version of what it could be and not an intentionally gimped version that is only available to a select few. Contrary to popular opinion I'd rather eat nothing than shit. There are plenty of great games out there that do not cripple themselves, that I can play while waiting for a proper execution of my favorite IP. Ask all the Bayonetta fans that couldn't or didn't want to afford a Nintendo console how happy they are that Bayonetta lives on, because for them it might as well not exist at all. And looking at the sales that's apparently the majority of Bayonetta fans.

I had this discussion already a long time ago and the facts haven't changed. No one owes Nintendo anything because anyone else could've done the same and probably even better if they had just waited long enough.

PG themselves said the franchise was officially dead and that they weren't going to go back to it, after SEGA and other publishers refused to pick the game up they were going to shelve the series for good and move on it was only by chance that Nintendo stopped by for something else and someone pitched it to them being the only publisher not approached yet while they were waiting to sort out other business.

Argue what if scenarios all you like but what they've told you is true, most Bayonetta fans are happy it lived on many of the people complaining never bought the games to begin with otherwise the original wouldn't have been a commercial disaster, it's a case of complain because it's not on my platform.

To anyone saying he shouldn't be rude to people asking him if Bayo 2 will come out on other consoles: we're talking about a 4 years old game he, his development team and the company that produced it confirmed countless times would remain an exclusive, if people are asking him the same question in 2018 you can bet they are either trolls or delusional fanboys, he's got all the rights to block people that fill his inbox with questions he already answered years ago

If I were Kamiya I'd have probably said the same thing. The first game was a financial disaster by the accounts of both Platinum and Sega. Bayonetta 2 and 3 exist only because Nintendo financed their development, and Nintendo naturally expected exclusivity in return for their money. Full stop. The people heckling Kamiya over this need to get the fuck over it. I'll be playing Bayo 3 day one on Switch.

Ka-pi96 said:
If Kamiya made good games then that would suck, but that day has yet to come so he can keep his stuff on Nintendo. Couldn't care less.

I'll not have someone bad mouth Bayonetta on my watch. No sir.

You take that back.

vivster said:

So? If those games hadn't existed, other, potentially better games could've existed. What's your point? Just because I understand the reason why exclusives exist doesn't mean it's a great concept for consumers.

As I said before "If this guy hadn't done that thing then, this would've never happened" is a stupid rhetoric that holds no value. That's like saying "if that one caveman hadn't invented fire, nobody else would've. It completely ignores reality and the fact that this is a planet of a few billion people and thousands of companies.

And none of those billion people and thousands of companies didi something for Bayonetta 2 happen, except Nintendo :)

Click HERE and be happy