By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Twitter user: "No Bayonetta on PS4?" Hideki Kamiya: "Ask Ninty, also ask for Mario and Zelda on PS4"

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Azzanation said: 

"weather its timed or made is all up to the buisness"

..... Okay? Is this a ... point? I'm not saying it's not up to the business ... ? I'm just saying that there's a reason people react a certain way to some exclusives and not to others. Whether or not it's up to the business doesn't make it a respected move or not. 

"SF5 is a brought out exclusive yet did Capcon get any death threats like Tomb Raider did? Not that i recall. The industry is full of hypocrisy."

I didn't really follow either Street Fighter 5 or Tomb Raider during their development cycles, but points like this always scratch me the wrong way. Whether or not a developer receives death threats isn't something that's common knowledge. A lot of developers get a death threat and they just ignore it. Some developers get death threats and they go to the press. Some developers treat death threats like spam. A comment on a forum could be considered a death threat, yet most people aren't going to take them seriously. Just because one developer goes public or announces that they got death threats doesn't mean other developers don't. Besides, it doesn't even matter, because any developer who makes a controversial decision will get harassment. If you don't think that Capcom got harassment just because you never heard about it than you're sadly mistaken. But this isn't a game of who can be the biggest victim, because one company getting more harassment doesn't necessarily mean hypocrisy is at hand, it can just mean that one fanbase is more affected than another and thus more upset.

"I also dont play exclusives i play games. I just hear alot that exclusives matter yet when ever the big three fight over exclusives its a different story. I dont hear Steam gamers talk about Exclusives, must be a console thing."

Console gamers make a big deal about exclusives because it's one of the biggest deciding factors in what console you'll get. An Xbox One and PS4 are almost exactly the same, the PS4 is a little bit stronger but not noticeably. So unlike the PC, a platform which gets a lot of it's audience from objectively better performance(if you have the money), consoles are competing directly and don't have a lot of leg room to gloat about power. So console gamers focusing on exclusives actually makes a lot of sense. Also, can we stop with this "I don't play x" metaphor? It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. You can't play a graphic, and you can't play an "exclusive" without the game, but that doesn't mean we should use such phrases as "I don't play exclusives I play games!". So because you play the game people shouldn't complain about the exclusivity? Uhhhh ... the exclusive nature, and the graphics, are part of the game ... 

I think we might be getting a little off topic here though ... the point is that there's kind of a valid reason why people complain about third party titles being nabbed up as exclusives. It's not just pointless crying. 

My point is Devs should have every right to tell gamers to f%$# off just like this Bayo 3 Dev. Gamers dont like these exclusive deals they should put there money where there mouth is. We as humans cannot have everything and businesses will make decisions we wont always like because there all in it for the money. Some go about it in different ways, however if the money isnt there they will pull out. Platinum Games is happy keeping Bayo 3 exclusive to Switch, thats a buisness decision they have the right to make. If kids get upset than the Devs should be upfront about it.

All i am saying is regardless if its timed or a built up Exclusive, devs like this need to be praised. 

Around the Network
Azzanation said: 

Honestly ... I don't even know if I disagree with you. Your points are very confusing and sometimes don't even seem like they're about the same topic .. ?

First I responded when you were talking about Tomb Raider's developers and how they should have "stuck to their guns" just like Platinum and kept the game exclusive (how is it sticking to your guns if the plan was never for the game to be permanently exclusive?). I responded by saying that would make the game sell less than half of what it's currently sold, and how that wouldn't be a good business move.

Somehow my response to that lead to you talking about how people always want exclusives but then bitch when they get them? Uhhh ... that's not what we were talking about at all and is completely random. Unless your point is that the backlash against the game's exclusivity made the PS4 version sell more because people were mad at the exclusivity ... which doesn't make any sense.

Then you said your point was that developers should be able to tell people to fuck off and keep exclusivity ... which is odd, because I never disagreed with that. And even that point doesn't make sense, because SE never wanted to keep Tomb Raider as an exclusive.

And finally you said that if gamers don't like exclusive deals they should put their money where their mouth is. I'm sorry, what? The entire reason people don't like exclusive deals is because THEY CAN'T put their money where they want to spend it. Unless your point is that they should have bought the game more in the past to keep it from being exclusive ... which again doesn't really make sense because that's hindisght, and your two examples Bayonetta and Tomb Raider both sold better as multiplat titles in their entire history than they ever did as exclusives. Tomb Raider in particular always sold more on Playstation than Xbox, and Bayonetta becoming an exclusive had more to do with Sega's handling of money and not a lack of sales. 

I'm willing to say it might just be me being stupid, but I honestly feel like all your previous points were pretty jumbled. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Azzanation said: 

Honestly ... I don't even know if I disagree with you. Your points are very confusing and sometimes don't even seem like they're about the same topic .. ?

First I responded when you were talking about Tomb Raider's developers and how they should have "stuck to their guns" just like Platinum and kept the game exclusive (how is it sticking to your guns if the plan was never for the game to be permanently exclusive?). I responded by saying that would make the game sell less than half of what it's currently sold, and how that wouldn't be a good business move.

Somehow my response to that lead to you talking about how people always want exclusives but then bitch when they get them? Uhhh ... that's not what we were talking about at all and is completely random. Unless your point is that the backlash against the game's exclusivity made the PS4 version sell more because people were mad at the exclusivity ... which doesn't make any sense.

Then you said your point was that developers should be able to tell people to fuck off and keep exclusivity ... which is odd, because I never disagreed with that. And even that point doesn't make sense, because SE never wanted to keep Tomb Raider as an exclusive.

And finally you said that if gamers don't like exclusive deals they should put their money where their mouth is. I'm sorry, what? The entire reason people don't like exclusive deals is because THEY CAN'T put their money where they want to spend it. Unless your point is that they should have bought the game more in the past to keep it from being exclusive ... which again doesn't really make sense because that's hindisght, and your two examples Bayonetta and Tomb Raider both sold better as multiplat titles in their entire history than they ever did as exclusives. Tomb Raider in particular always sold more on Playstation than Xbox, and Bayonetta becoming an exclusive had more to do with Sega's handling of money and not a lack of sales. 

I'm willing to say it might just be me being stupid, but I honestly feel like all your previous points were pretty jumbled. 

Dont stress i am alittle confused aswell but all good.

The Tomb Raider deal affected sales which is obvious however we dont know if it affected profits. They might have been paid alot to keep it exclusive.

Hiku said:
GoOnKid said:

Okay, you have a point. The idea that Bayo 2 had been pitched to Sony and MS may be foggy. But actually, this changes nothing. It was still Nintendo who saved it and it's still Nintendo who owns the rights to decide where it releases on. Same goes for Bayo 3.

For sure. But there are understandably a lot of people who don't attend forums and aren't aware of this. The person who made that tweet Kamiya responded to may be one example. From his lifelong history of a grand total of 26 tweets, I wouldn't know by looking at them if this is the type of person who normally goes on forums or news sites to read about these kind of things.
And saying that something definitely happened when we aren't sure only serves to spread more misinformation.

So look like they can but not really enthusiasm about Bayo 2 like Nin when there is some rumors about it being cancelled in 2011