By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

CGI-Quality said:
Title updated.

Shipped is incorrect. Under the hardware figure, Nintendo states that these are worldwide consolidated sales of life-to-date. Meaning sold. 

EDIT: Nintendo also updated their sales projection for March 31st from 15m to 17.76m which they wouldn’t do unless this 14.86m was sold.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

12.13 + 2.74 = 14.87.

This IS sold through is it not?

So if SMO could go on to hit 16m+ or so how much are Pokemon and Animal Crossing going to do?

Also with XBC2 hitting 1m soundly I think the likes of Bayonetta 3 will do as well.

JSG87 said:
12.13 + 2.74 = 14.87.

This IS sold through is it not?

It is.

Pinkie_pie said:
SKMBlake said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Today was the day Nintendo announced its sales figure. And this is what they said: 

"For the nine months ended December 31, 2017, the Nintendo Switch hardware sold well following the launch and sales volume rose substantially during the holiday season. For the Nintendo Switch software, SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY was released in October and has been a big hit, with global sales reaching 9.07 million units. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe,releasedinApril,hassold7.33millionunits,and Splatoon 2, released in July, has sold 4.91 million units, bringing to 8 the total number of million-seller titles for this fiscal year including the titles of other software publishers. The result is that hardware sales during this period totaled 12.13 million units, and software sales volume totaled 47.10 million units."

You're still talking about that tweet weeks ago.

so 12.13 million switch sold by december 31, 2017?

From April 1st to december 31. And they sold 2,74 millions in march 2017. So 14,87 millions, or 14,86 millions more precisely

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Pinkie_pie said:

so 12.13 million switch sold by december 31, 2017?

From April 1st to december 31. And they sold 2,74 millions in march 2017. So 14,87 millions, or 14,86 millions more precisely

i see. still not sure if that number is shipped or sold 

With Odyssey selling +9m and Splatoon 2 around 5m, I can consider my prediction of Splatoon 2 outselling Mario oficially busted, at least for now. I hope Splatoon 2 gets promoted to hell and back when the online service launches.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
With Odyssey selling +9m and Splatoon 2 around 5m, I can consider my prediction of Splatoon 2 outselling Mario oficially busted, at least for now. I hope Splatoon 2 gets promoted to hell and back when the online service launches.

10m+ LT is a good consolation prize for Splatoon 2.  I hope the series gets a spin-off game before going to Splatoon 3.

CGI-Quality said:
Pinkie_pie said:

i see. still not sure if that number is shipped or sold 

Sold-through (which is to consumer). I just finished up my research.

thanks for clearing that up. i wasnt sure since a few were saying shipped. over 4m sold in december is crazy

Once again, I have underestimated the Nintendo Switch! This thing just loves surpassing my expectations and making me look bad! However, I was damn near right on the money with the 3DS.

Super Mario Odyssey - Sweet Baby Jesus, this could become the best selling 3D Mario game before it even turns 1 year old! It should certainly be able to do it by the end of this year! To Galaxy and Beyond!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Slightly above my prediction. Can't say I'm surprised, this is Mario Kart we're talking about. That damn game has legs longer than Stacy Keibler (Where are my WWE fans at?!) As a bonus, Mario Kart 7 just became the best selling 3DS game and is well on its way to 17, 18, maybe even 19-20 million. Sorry Pokemon, but Mario is still #1. 

Breath of the Wild - Slightly below my expectations, which kind of makes me sad, but it's only a matter of time before it becomes the best selling Zelda game of all-time and eventually reaches 10 million on the Switch alone. Still what I consider to be THE Nintendo Switch game and has clearly set a lot of new standards for the Zelda series, in both quality and sales.

Splatoon 2 - This game was considerably below my predictions, but at least it managed to surpass the original on the Wii U (not that hard to do, but still.) If they hold of on Splatoon 3 until their next system, I think this one can eventually leg it out to 10 million. 

1-2 Switch - Everyone's absolute favorite Switch game!! A game that will continue to sell it seems, most likely to 3 million and beyond! You will love it as it loves YOU!!

ARMS - Another one that was below my expectations, but also another one that I expect to eventually reach 3 million. Not bad for a new IP. I see this becoming a recurring franchise to add to their portfolio.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Without question, the best piece of news to come out of these latest reports!!! Surpassed both X and 1's lifetime numbers in just 30 days!! Now, we're gonna see what this franchise is REALLY capable of! A very great game that is deserving of every copy sold, as well as its developer. 
Come on, Xenoblade, I'm rootin' for ya! Next stop: 2 Million!