By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

wait i'm confused, this is shipped or sold numbers? because sounds like sold numbers, if anyone explain to me i'll be grateful :)

Hardware:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

Software:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

title should be change to shipped

Wyrdness said:
I'm so glad XBC has moved 1m + digital the series deserves growth.

I know.  I was feeling bummed that a lot of people were predicting that it wouldn't even come close to 1m by the end of the year but now it looks like it's going to take that significant step forward like Fire Emblem did on the 3DS.  This number justifies that the series never got a fair shake on the last two entries.

wombat123 said:
Wyrdness said:
I'm so glad XBC has moved 1m + digital the series deserves growth.

I know.  I was feeling bummed that a lot of people were predicting that it wouldn't even come close to 1m by the end of the year but now it looks like it's going to take that significant step forward like Fire Emblem did on the 3DS.  This number justifies that the series never got a fair shake on the last two entries.

To me it's the best achievement out of all the sales in the report, it's a great series that has the potential to become a significant force like FE did now it'll be interesting to see how this pushes the next installment.

With Xenoblade 2 being a million seller, I wonder if this increase Rex's chances of getting the next Smash?

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
wombat123 said:

To me it's the best achievement out of all the sales in the report, it's a great series that has the potential to become a significant force like FE did now it'll be interesting to see how this pushes the next installment.

Hoping to see XBC:X2 and maybe an XBC:X port. Plus there's Monolith Soft's western-styled action RPG coming. 

Lots of potential, and to think that this was a series Nintendo didn't even want to localize until Operation Rainfall.

bowserthedog said:
VGChartz continues to undertrack Switch

Two weeks ago I got down-voted below visibility for suggesting that our numbers were way off and the Switch was closer to 15M. 

I'm going to eat my crow on MHW, but bask in the glory of these numbers as well  ;P

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Pinkie_pie said:
title should be change to shipped

No, I think many people here are wrong. Nintendo’s site, right under the hardware says that these numbers are worldwide consolidated sales of life-to-date. Which means sold through if I’m not mistaken. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

sc94597 said:
Wyrdness said:

Hoping to see XBC:X2 and maybe an XBC:X port. Plus there's Monolith Soft's western-styled action RPG coming. 

Lots of potential, and to think that this was a series Nintendo didn't even want to localize until Operation Rainfall.

I think a port of X is a sure thing and my guess is that after the western style RPG the next Xenoblade game could be X2.

On OR the game was already localized by NOE as it was released in Europe but for some reason NOA didn't want to bring the game to NA, it's an interesting start for the series as if XB goes on to become a consistent million seller I can see a Did You Know video in future detailing all of this.

Is there a thread that compares the Switch's shipments up until now to the PS4's shipments when you align the PS4's different region launches?

I feel like one was in my buddy for a while but I forget