By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

curl-6 said:

The Wii U has a legacy; it's the shit that fertilized the Switch's growth. ;)

That's the problem, Nintendo promised the Wii U would be a great console, not a piece of shit. That is why the Wii U is a scam. If I wanted a piece of shit, I would have bought the Ouya.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Magnus said:
The only reason the Switch is selling so well is because of games stolen from Wii U owners who bought the Wii U to play those games. After the Wii U scam Nintendo should be bankrupt, just like Sega after the Saturn, Atari after the Jaguar or Ouya after the ouya. The only reason they aren't bankrupt is because of asshole "fans" who are playing Wii U ports stolen from people who bought a Wii U to play those games.

I guess by that logic, Sony should go bankrupt because they ported/remastered their own exclusives as well.

The difference with Sony is that Sony would have remastered those games regardless of how many PS3 they sold, while Nintendo is screwing Wii U owners, and only Wii U owners. Do you think they will be so many ports for Switch 2? Nope.

Miyamotoo said:
Magnus said:

I'm not wrong. Which other Nintendo console was basically made worthless the moment it was discontinued? Which other Nintendo console (that wasn't an experiment like the Virtual Boy) has no legacy other than being a piece of garbage? None.

GameCube ofcourse. Not just that some of best GC games were ported to Wii (Zelda TP, Metroid Prime 1 and Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2...), but Wii also had BC support for games and controllers, so person who bought Wii in same time is like had GC and could play all GC games. So actually GC become much more worthless moment was discounted than Wii U is compared to Switch.

Also its time to let it go, except things like they are and move one, you don't doing yourself any favor with that kind of attitude.

Did you miss the part where used Gamecube games were sold at like $120 dollars because if you missed the Gamecube, you also missed the chance to buy Gamecube game. Only a tiny part of Gamecube games were ported to Wii and Gamecube had a Zelda of its own.

Around the Network

I am pretty sure I've had this argument before.

Anyway as a Wii U owner, it can suck but business is not about tenderly caring for feelings unless they provide money. Wii U owners are a limited group and didn't provide Nintendo the money they want, so the company is moving on.

I mean this isn't even the first time they have done such things so complaining about the Wii U being bitterly screwed over doesn't change the fact that it failed. Through a number of bad design and marketing choices it was Nintendo's worst system despite the promise and quality software it did have and get. It is better that the good software on it gets another life on the Switch then be relegated to oblivion like whatever good games may have been on other failing systems like the entire Virtual Boy or majority of Saturn (seriously the lack of Panzer Dragoon remakes, sequels or ports is a crime against gaming) exclusive line up.

While I do wish the prices of these ports were more reasonable, saying because they are there is some sort of major insult to gamers that owned the Wii U is overly dramatic and disregards the numerous times most companies have used similar or the same tactics in porting games from a dead system to a live one.

NoirSon said:

Anyway as a Wii U owner, it can suck but business is not about tenderly caring for feelings unless they provide money. Wii U owners are a limited group and didn't provide Nintendo the money they want, so the company is moving on.

I mean this isn't even the first time they have done such things so complaining about the Wii U being bitterly screwed over doesn't change the fact that it failed. Through a number of bad design and marketing choices it was Nintendo's worst system despite the promise and quality software it did have and get. It is better that the good software on it gets another life on the Switch then be relegated to oblivion like whatever good games may have been on other failing systems like the entire Virtual Boy or majority of Saturn (seriously the lack of Panzer Dragoon remakes, sequels or ports is a crime against gaming) exclusive line up.

While I do wish the prices of these ports were more reasonable, saying because they are there is some sort of major insult to gamers that owned the Wii U is overly dramatic and disregards the numerous times most companies have used similar or the same tactics in porting games from a dead system to a live one.

This is the first time Nintendo screwed owners of a system so hard. Nintendo should have done the right thing and keep Wii U games on Wii U.

Warned ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 05 February 2018

Magnus said:
NoirSon said:

This is the first time Nintendo screwed owners of a system so hard. Nintendo should have done the right thing and keep Wii U games on Wii U.

But doing so would have screwed over the rest of the potential gaming population in getting to play great games they wouldn't have had the chance to do so. Nintendo doesn't make any more Wii U devices so people that wanted to play Bayonetta 2 but could not find a Wii U are getting screwed at that point. Or if some Switch owner has a kid that fell in love with DCKR 3D via the 3DS port just last year and wanted to play the sequel shouldn't they have the opportunity to play?

As a console/software owner we all have to know you are paying for the enjoyment at that moment, no game is locked onto one console. Even the Wii remake of Goldeneye 007 landed on other consoles. Besides it is better for the games and their developers especially given the Wii U's performance that the hard work they done be recognized somewhere rather then just by a few who took what turns out to be a losing gamble. This world would be a lot worst off if the original SNK never let their Neo Geo software be ported to anything besides their own expensive and niche devices and arcade machines.

NoirSon said:
Magnus said:

But doing so would have screwed over the rest of the potential gaming population in getting to play great games they wouldn't have had the chance to do so. Nintendo doesn't make any more Wii U devices so people that wanted to play Bayonetta 2 but could not find a Wii U are getting screwed at that point. Or if some Switch owner has a kid that fell in love with DCKR 3D via the 3DS port just last year and wanted to play the sequel shouldn't they have the opportunity to play?

As a console/software owner we all have to know you are paying for the enjoyment at that moment, no game is locked onto one console. Even the Wii remake of Goldeneye 007 landed on other consoles. Besides it is better for the games and their developers especially given the Wii U's performance that the hard work they done be recognized somewhere rather then just by a few who took what turns out to be a losing gamble. This world would be a lot worst off if the original SNK never let their Neo Geo software be ported to anything besides their own expensive and niche devices and arcade machines.

People who skipped the Wii U should have waited a long time to play Wii U games. Nintendo should have locked most Wii U games because the people who bought the Wii U bought it for exclusives, the same kind of exclusives all other Nintendo consoles had: those that are exclusives for a very long time. The problem isn't that Nintendo are porting Wii U games, it's that Nintendo are shitting on Wii U owners which they never did before with any of their failures, because all other of their consoles including Virtual Boy, 64DD and Gamecube had most of their games locked to these consoles for a very long time. If most people don't have access to these games, it's because people spent money for exclusivity and porting those games is stealing people what they bought.

Around the Network
Magnus said:
NoirSon said:

People who skipped the Wii U should have waited a long time to play Wii U games. Nintendo should have locked most Wii U games because the people who bought the Wii U bought it for exclusives, the same kind of exclusives all other Nintendo consoles had: those that are exclusives for a very long time. The problem isn't that Nintendo are porting Wii U games, it's that Nintendo are shitting on Wii U owners which they never did before with any of their failures, because all other of their consoles including Virtual Boy, 64DD and Gamecube had most of their games locked to these consoles for a very long time. If most people don't have access to these games, it's because people spent money for exclusivity and porting those games is stealing people what they bought.

So, in your opinion, Nintendo is shitting on Wii U owners by bringing their Wii U exclusives to the Switch?

How does porting = stealing? I really don't get your logic here. The Wii U owners still have those games to enjoy on the Wii U. The fact that they're being ported doesn't nullify that.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Magnus said:

So, in your opinion, Nintendo is shitting on Wii U owners by bringing their Wii U exclusives to the Switch?

How does porting = stealing? I really don't get your logic here. The Wii U owners still have those games to enjoy on the Wii U. The fact that they're being ported doesn't nullify that.

If I could skip the Wii U and get better versions of Wii U games, then the Wii U was a ripoff.

Magnus said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

If I could skip the Wii U and get better versions of Wii U games, then the Wii U was a ripoff.

No, it isn't. You're just salty bc switch is way more successful than Wii u with almost the same games. Funny that just prove how great the games are, the problem was that nintendo screwed with the console's perception really hard.

And you can sell your Wii u and move on ffs

We reap what we sow

Magnus said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

All those definitive edition on ps4 doesnt apply?

aikohualda said:
Magnus said:

All those definitive edition on ps4 doesnt apply?

Let him enjoy his cherries

We reap what we sow