By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should the 'Microsoft Buying E.A' rumors become true, what is the effect on Nintendo

Minimal effect on Nintendo. Catastrophe for Sony.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Wow.... is there really a rumor about it?
That would mean a lot for the videogame industry and a quick way for xbox platform to have a lot of exclusives.
Imagine battefield, fifa etc only available on xbox? wow...
But I dont see it happening anyway. But would be cool...

This is undoubtedly huge in the gaming world...and even further proof MS is here for the long run.

I've stated before how shocked I was too see the scrutiny of MS and the idea that they were throwing in the towel..over basically ONE generation of insufficient sales..which are sales only in comparison to Sony (and possibly Nintendo).

That doesn't automatically make the sales of the 1 a concluded failure...because in retrospect...the sales figures of the 1 are still profitable.in its own regards.

With that said...MS is a company that is fueled by competition...and as consumers...we should NEVER forget that.

Let me...if be it not anyone else..be the one to inform you...that without question MS is devoted to its gaming divisions. Both hardware and software.

They have a business mind of a shark to nature...and unless some miraculous setback...they will continue to consume as many victims as possible with little to no remorse.

Look at what they did to Bungie. I shouldn't have to reiterate the decisiveness or pure aggressiveness it took to basically shitt all over their own bread and butter and STILL look at its customer square in the eye and say...you're gonna buy what we sell.

I mean just imagine Nintendo dropping Mario...you can't..can you?

The point is MS isn't going anywhere for a long time and the speculation needs to stop. I'm going on record to say that even if...say Nintendo were to merge with a major tech company (I'm still looking at you Apple)...that type of acquisition or better yet collaboration...would only spark a bigger competitive approach with the big M.

Halo. VR. GAME OVER.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

CGI-Quality said:

SuperRetroTurbo said:

The point is MS isn't going anywhere for a long time and the speculation needs to stop.

The irony here? This very topic is based solely on speculation. Can't allow one and shun the other, because right now, Microsoft is as likely to own EA as they are to exit the console business.....all on the back of speculation.

I definitely meant to add its pure speculation and didn't realize it until after I posted. Im using a phone so it's hard to continuously scroll thru long text.

But I agree it is just speculation. But even still the idea alone should warrant the notion that MS is determined to stay. 

Let's say they come out within the next day or so to shoot the rumor down...does that negate my beliefs??

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

It would probably help honestly.

Microsoft has a strangely chill relationship with Nintendo, knowing the company while some franchises under EA would be exclusive the MS platforms of Xbox and Windows, they likely will share as they have done with Minecraft certain games with more global appeal.

For Nintendo this could help especially if they stop with the Frostbite engine mandate the current leadership has going.

Around the Network

Wouldn't this theoretical purchase adversely effect EA's sports licenses. IIRC they are certain clauses in their FIFA and NFL licenses that prevent them from going console exclusive. I could be mistaken.

It would be far more damaging to PlayStation than Nintendo. Don't forget EA and Nintendo have a special relationship.

CGI-Quality said:

SuperRetroTurbo said:

The point is MS isn't going anywhere for a long time and the speculation needs to stop.

The irony here? This very topic is based solely on speculation. Can't allow one and shun the other, because right now, Microsoft is as likely to own EA as they are to exit the console business.....all on the back of speculation.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. It didn't come out of thin air. As much as I dislike Polygon, I think they would be first to report on a thing like this since they do have a source and they always had close/rumored relations with Microsoft. This could very well be a thing.

If MS would make EA IPs exclusive then I see no way that Sony wins any region against Xbox outside of Japan. Seriously this is big if true.

Yes I am pretty sure all 5 EA Nintendo fans would be disappointed in Microsoft buyout of EA. The rest of us just only want it to happen because it will be incredibly interesting to see the ramifications on it will be. A move like that would cause shockwave throughout the industry that us Nintendo fans won't feel.

Last edited by killeryoshis - on 30 January 2018

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.