By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The downfall of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Youtube clickbait strikes again)

Youtube. A platform for talentless people to pretend they matter. I avoid it like the plague.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Youtube. A platform for talentless people to pretend they matter. I avoid it like the plague.

There's talentless as well as talented people on youtube, just like any other walk of life. Everyone matters by the way...

Those silly clickbaiters

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

JESUS CHRIST, I GUESSED IT WAS DOWNWARD THRUST BEFORE EVEN SEEING WHO IT WAS

hahahahahah

I'm personally glad this guy is getting more flack for his videos, though no doubt some people love his content and I can respect that. I think there's a lot that could be said about how clickbait actually doesn't matter that much, and there could be a lot of interesting discussion about it, but it seems like most people just hate it so I guess there's no point in discussing it. I will say that it annoys me, most of the time.

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

There's talentless as well as talented people on youtube, just like any other walk of life. Everyone matters by the way...

I was gonna say! As somebody who not only creates videos as a hobby but runs the largest advice/support community for small creators on the web, I've seen hundreds of incredibly talented people. To say otherwise is a gross generalization at best .

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

mZuzek said:
It is true, though. Breath of the Wild does suffer a downfall in quality the longer it goes on, which isn't to say it ever gets bad, but it surely never matches the sheer excitement of those first 20 hours or so.

I agree, but that's not what the video's even about. 

I can understand his frustration with Nintendo's youtube program. Having a cut of your profits given to Nintendo for using any of their assets isn't great and it's free advertising for Nintendo, but there is a point to be made for Nintendo's actions: spoilers. I recall Sakurai stating this being a reason why he did away with the story cutscenes in Smash Bros, as people quickly posted these online and allowed people to watch them without discovering them in-game themselves. It's not a great reason, but it's one, and I think understandable.

Besides, if he really wanted to talk about BotW or any other game, I'm sure he could find a way without using any assets. Also, despite what he says, other youtubers don't seem to mind much, as I've seen reviews from several others already.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

3/10 Troll thread. Not 1 for using the Zelda name and a slight validity in Nintendo's own YouTube program.

Mar1217 said:
Cloudman said:
I can understand his frustration with Nintendo's youtube program. Having a cut of your profits given to Nintendo for using any of their assets isn't great and it's free advertising for Nintendo, but there is a point to be made for Nintendo's actions: spoilers. I recall Sakurai stating this being a reason why he did away with the story cutscenes in Smash Bros, as people quickly posted these online and allowed people to watch them without discovering them in-game themselves. It's not a great reason, but it's one, and I think understandable.

Besides, if he really wanted to talk about BotW or any other game, I'm sure he could find a way without using any assets. Also, despite what he says, other youtubers don't seem to mind much, as I've seen reviews from several others already.

Hell, even Angry Joe did one xD

Congrats on 5000 posts.

Nothing to offer here, just congrats.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"