By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 flawed but GREAT ...

XD84 said:
I watched your youtube video. For me it is also relevant how many hours it takes to beat the game. I am not willing to pay more than 2$ for an hour of gaming time. So a game that takes 10 hours to beat I wont buy until the price tag is 20$ or lower.

What kind of gamer are you?!?!?!

Does this factor in quality? Does it factor in replays? Why do you value your enjoyment time so lowly? At a bar, do you only ever buy one drink per 3-4 hours? Will you not pay for the cinema ever? How about other sorts of parks, parties, and other events?

I would think an upwards of 20 US Dollar for per hour of great fun/satisfaction is more than reasonable. Especially for something like a video game that can be played over as many times as I want.

Don’t let me down!

Live a little!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Still annoyed when I put the game down after 230 hours I never got KOS-MOS. Love the game a lot but that still greatly annoys me. The RNG sucks balls.

Yeah, same with me. Although I am approaching 300 after beating the game around 175. Mainly just completing unfinished quests, killing super bosses and wandering around. A couple of the quests are indeed difficult because the game gives you very little clue on how to get to the exact areas it wants you to go.

I have avoided trying to out right farm for rare or legendary cores but will likely start before the next update .

SegataSanshiro said:
Still annoyed when I put the game down after 230 hours I never got KOS-MOS. Love the game a lot but that still greatly annoys me. The RNG sucks balls.

She was the first rare blade I got😝. She sucks though, never really used her after I got others.

NightlyPoe said:
XD84 said:
I watched your youtube video. For me it is also relevant how many hours it takes to beat the game. I am not willing to pay more than 2$ for an hour of gaming time. So a game that takes 10 hours to beat I wont buy until the price tag is 20$ or lower.

The current speedrun record for beating the game is over six and a half hours.  No one's beating it on their first try in only 10.  Most will take well over 100.

Your return on investment is secure.

First I need to get a Switch. But XC2 will be one of the first games I will get.

Jumpin said:
XD84 said:

What kind of gamer are you?!?!?!

Does this factor in quality? Does it factor in replays? Why do you value your enjoyment time so lowly? At a bar, do you only ever buy one drink per 3-4 hours? Will you not pay for the cinema ever? How about other sorts of parks, parties, and other events?

I would think an upwards of 20 US Dollar for per hour of great fun/satisfaction is more than reasonable. Especially for something like a video game that can be played over as many times as I want.

Don’t let me down!

Live a little!

Thank you for your concern for my well-being Well I only have limited time to play games (around 5 hours a week) and there are many games I want to play. I almost never get a game at launch and buy some of them used. I look that I do not spend too much money on video games. But there are other areas in my life where I am quite generous:

For example: I donate almost 1000 US Dollars to aid organisations or I buy almost all my meat by a quite expensive butcher.

Maybe with the little time a play a week, I should not be considered being "a gamer".

Around the Network
eddy7eddy said:
This Game grows inside you like the first Xenoblade.

I hated him at first, but the little furball grew on me.

Nia was a great character, loved her development.

Zeke was awesome, and his backstory kinda struck home with me.

Rex was cool, just wish he was older.

Morag was OK...a bit bland for my taste.  She was not a bad character, I just felt they could have done more with her.  Clearly the most "together" member of yhe team however.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

gergroy said:
SegataSanshiro said:

She was the first rare blade I got😝. She sucks though, never really used her after I got others.

Depends on who is using her.  Each weapon class has different move sets for each character.  KOS-MOS plus Zeke is beastmode FYI.

bigtakilla said:
The same way Final Fantasy XIII, Metroid Other M, Paper Mario Color Splash, and DmC Devil May Cry are great but flawed games, sure.

This post is laughable.  Those are decent games that are flawed.  Xenoblade 2 is a FANTASTIC game that has flaws.  Big difference bigtakilla.

*sorry for triple post, I replied before reading whole thread 😶*

Shiken said:
bigtakilla said:
The same way Final Fantasy XIII, Metroid Other M, Paper Mario Color Splash, and DmC Devil May Cry are great but flawed games, sure.

This post is laughable.  Those are decent games that are flawed.  Xenoblade 2 is a FANTASTIC game that has flaws.  Big difference bigtakilla.

Taking back my post on account I was totally off topic, like the idiot I sometimes am :P

Last edited by Jumpin - on 27 January 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Shiken said:
bigtakilla said:

The difference being decent/fantastic by your standards?