By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 flawed but GREAT ...

bigtakilla said:
Wyrdness said:

No mate your argumnet here is skewered if anything because people connect from the first game by default hence why someone new to the franchise always asks if they need to play the first to understand the story.

Again, then they are not looking at the entire franchise.

You're not making sense here as the entire franchise is just 3 games that are all very similar, the Xeno in the name is just a homage to the director.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Nautilus said:

Yes.Aparently, you are one of the few people that think like that.

How many people have played the entire franchise? I'm willing to bet the minority.

Given how smaller is the appeal of the franchise compared to other Nintendo franchises, I would say the number is significant.Obviously not everyone, since this will be the best selling entry by a long shot, but most reviewers and players that are fans of the franchise think the games are similar in its appeal/gameplay/theme.

Look, I get that you didnt like XC 2 all that much, but I dont understand why you are not happy with it.This game success basically garantees a port of X to the Switch and makes a sequel to that even more likely.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wyrdness said:
bigtakilla said:

Again, then they are not looking at the entire franchise.

You're not making sense here as the entire franchise is just 3 games that are all very similar, the Xeno in the name is just a homage to the director.

What's hard to understand about if you play the 3rd game in the series, you look for similarities based on that?

Wyrdness said:
bigtakilla said:

Well now we aren't really talking about the franchise are we? And if you start at 2 you would kind of have a skewed view of what the franchise is about wouldn't you?

If someone starts at 2 then plays the first game they'll see a number of similarities and references nothing would be skewered like you claim.

I'm stating if you play the 3rd game, then play the first two you look for similarities based on the 3rd game.

Bigtakilla, have you played the game? If so how far have you gotten in the game?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Wyrdness said:

If someone starts at 2 then plays the first game they'll see a number of similarities and references nothing would be skewered like you claim.

I'm stating if you play the 3rd game, then play the first two you look for similarities based on the 3rd game.

Your argument makes no sense mate as people look for similarities through the whole series not based on one game.

bigtakilla said:
Nautilus said:

Yes.Aparently, you are one of the few people that think like that.

How many people have played the entire franchise? I'm willing to bet the minority.

Unless XC2 picked up several hundred thousand new fans - extremely unlikely - I dare say 80% or more lf XC2 owners are past fans.  And the major consensus I can find is it is a worthy addition to the franchise.  

And I for one have played 1 and X and thoroughly enjoyed both and I feel 2 is a very worthy addition, stronger than X in many ways and true to the spirit of 1 while still having its own identity.  It has its flaws, so did the first two.  If it's not to your taste, I'm sorry that you feel that way, but asserting that as the litmus test for the game's quality and worth is unfair to the many people who feel contrary to you and comes of as...well arrogant, to be blunt.  

I also would be interested in knowing how much of a chance you gave 2 though.