By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: God of War PS4 will sell 10M+

Ka-pi96 said:
Dr.Vita said:

According to VGChartz God of War 3 has sold 6.48M (all versions combined + only retail).

You sure? VGC is telling me it sold 5.61m

Game Console Publisher Total Sales
God of War III
Read the review
Sony Computer Entertainment 4.81m
God of War III Remastered Sony Computer Entertainment 0.78m
God of War III Remastered Sony Computer Entertainment America 0.02m

And that would include double dipping on the remaster too, something that Uncharted 3 didn't have, so it's really not comparable. I can't see it selling 10m+ It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't even do 5m.

VGC figures are wrong. I'm not sure how many times its been posted by various people in threads like these but GOW 3 sold 5.2m on PS3 by May 31, 2012. The PS3 version would easily be above 6 million now. Lol at those two different listings of GOW 3 Remastered.

KazumaKiryu said:
I hope it for the game. Games with high development costs, a lot of hard work and attention to detail deserve it! Its my first God of War in april then, look forward to it :) its pre ordered now.

You say that but in the next sentence say that you never played a GOW game. LMAO!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
malistix1985 said:
I don't think it will sell better then Horizon and I don't think Horizon sold 10 milion, so I think you are a bit off. But I am sure it will do big numbers.

It will definitely sell better than Horizon, but not 10 million. 6-7m is my guess, which is still big for God of War.

I know horizon passed 4 milion retail and did well digital so I assumed it crossed the 6-7m mark but I might be wrong

But I agree God of war wil do around 6m

Twitter @CyberMalistix

CGI-Quality said:
malistix1985 said:
I don't think it will sell better then Horizon and I don't think Horizon sold 10 milion, so I think you are a bit off. But I am sure it will do big numbers.

It will definitely sell better than Horizon, but not 10 million. 6-7m is my guess, which is still big for God of War.

Surely horizon will sell 6 or 7m. The games not even a year old. 

Bold prediction. Like uncharted 4, gow will benefit from xbox converts. These are players who last gen played on 360 but this gen switched to ps4 giving the series increased sales potential. 

I'll say ~7M LTD.

A range would be 6M-8M.

CGI-Quality said:
malistix1985 said:

malistix1985 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I know horizon passed 4 milion retail and did well digital so I assumed it crossed the 6-7m mark but I might be wrong

But I agree God of war wil do around 6m

God of War 3 on PS3 sold 5.2m by May 31, 2012. That was just two holidays after the game released. In its first year it sold about 3 million so clearly it has legs. By that count even with slower sales later it should easily be over 6m on PS3. The PS4 remaster sold 0.78m according to VGC who has a history of vastly lower sales for God of War than actual figures. Also the remaster featured many times on PS Store's top sellers. With all that the PS4 version is easily at 1.5m so GOW3 at minimum should be at 7.5m+ despite having less fanfare than the new one. If the new God of War game is well recieved like God of War 3 it should sell way better. Remember God of War 3 released on a userbase of 29 million.

Around the Network

I don't think so.

The Last of Us did 6M on both PS3 and PS4. I think GoW can reach 7M, with similar gameplay and a known character/name.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
The Last of Us did 6M on both PS3 and PS4. I think GoW can reach 7M, with similar gameplay and a known character/name.

Where the hell do you guys bring the similar gameplay narrative from? God of War has no gun, Kratos has a fucking axe, Atreus is an active combatant unlike Ellie, there are mythological creatures instead of zombies and there will be no stealth. Literally the only similar thing is that you have a child companion and that the camera is behind you. Goddamn.

GOWTLOZ said:
IkePoR said:

Where the hell do you guys bring the similar gameplay narrative from? God of War has no gun, Kratos has a fucking axe, Atreus is an active combatant unlike Ellie, there are mythological creatures instead of zombies and there will be no stealth. Literally the only similar thing is that you have a child companion and that the camera is behind you. Goddamn.

The narrative and the storytelling, then, if the gameplay being compared bothers you.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
GOWTLOZ said:

The narrative and the storytelling, then, if the gameplay being compared bothers you.  

That's fair. I suppose it was a hasty reaction but I really don't get the gameplay comparisons between the two.