By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario caught steamrolling pirated games in the 90's

Should Mario keep steamrolling said games?

Yes 9 60.00%

No 2 13.33%

Don't Care 3 20.00%

Results 1 6.67%

Total:15

It would have been hilarious if Crash would have shown up across the street with a makeshift stand, selling CD-Rs. He could have used his bullhorn to troll Mario the entire time.

"Oh look, little plumber boy's scared of a few people copying games! Hey! Plumber boy! Yeah you! Maybe if your games were better, people would actually want to pay for them!"

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

It would have been hilarious if Crash would have shown up across the street with a makeshift stand, selling CD-Rs. He could have used his bullhorn to troll Mario the entire time.

"Oh look, little plumber boy's scared of a few people copying games! Hey! Plumber boy! Yeah you! Maybe if your games were better, people would actually want to pay for them!"

Thats funny. Cause ninty games are one of the few games that prople buy used at somewhat high prices when ps games... don't.

TheBraveGallade said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Thats funny. Cause ninty games are one of the few games that prople buy used at somewhat high prices when ps games... don't.

I just think that the Crash commercials were funny, that's all. Same with the Genesis ones that inspired them. Nintendo has always been such an easy target and people use to take full advantage back in the day. 

You never see that anymore. It's all fake respect, cuddling and pillow talk. Yawn.

cycycychris said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

Don't know why, but on mobile if you click on the broken image and click view it shows up. idk why it keeps showing it as broken... :(

Never copy images from a Nintendo Everything article. They program there images to only work for like 5 minutes and then break.

thanks, I changed the source for them maybe they work now.

Hey these are Dutch articles. I can read some of it.

Around the Network

Anyway, Mario should have kept going. These fakes keep popping up in the retro collecting scene. Any collector will tell you how he/she lost money on fakes.

OTBWY said:

Can you read "Kudde koeien door de vloer"?

S.Peelman said:
OTBWY said:

Can you read "Kudde koeien door de vloer"?

Herd of cows through the floor?

This makes me miss those old GameBoy cartridges with 50 games in one. Most of them were awful bootlegs, but once in a while you found one with all the good titles. Aaaah, those were the days. This makes me wish for indie compilations with retail release, I bet you could fit 10-20 great indie games inside of a regular Switch cartridge, without resorting to piracy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I think... they should ve set them on fire first. Then the camera pans, zooms in on Marios face, showing him warming his hands and rubbing them.

Hunting Season is done...