By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Celeste Reviews - 93 Metacrirtic (22 reviews) on Switch, 89 (12 reviews) on PC

Will you buy it?

Yes 8 36.36%

No 11 50.00%

Maybe 3 13.64%

Total:22

Trailer looks average.
Seems just like an uglier version of Super Meat Boy.

Around the Network

Loved the trailer when I first saw it and the fact that it apparently has brilliant level design helps.

Barozi said:
Trailer looks average.
Seems just like an uglier version of Super Meat Boy.

I agree, expect IMO few things are uglier than Super Meat Boy. This is certainly prettier.

..eeeh looks average

Give it a try, it's actually pretty good and impressive. I didn't know this game existed before reading some reviews tbh, but it's actually really enjoyable. It might probably have a chance to be on the top games of the indie scene with Undertale/SteamWorld saga. Specially because it blends so well the narrative and the gameplay. It's pretty similar to Super Meat Boy in that masochistic challenge, fast-paced levels and you'll probably die a lot, but each death is a lesson. 

Last edited by Volterra_90 - on 01 February 2018

Around the Network

Just picked it up. Awesome game!

I bought it, it's very good....  But a 93?  Ehhhhhh.....  I say no.  It's worth $20 bucks and you should buy it, but Iconoclasts is better, and although on a much different scale, Monster Hunter is better, and both have a lower MC.

It's actually pretty good. It's kicking my ass though.

SanAndreasX said:
It's actually pretty good. It's kicking my ass though.

Mine too!

It's not my kind of game and it's not a 93 but I bought it on Switch anyway and it's exceptionally good ... just what the Switch needed to keep people interested at the start of the year. I swear to God, getting to the end of Chapter Two is the most difficult thing I've ever done in any videogame, so I'm going to bounce off this thing any minute. For someone who’s into hard 2D platformers this would be a must-play. Check out Dan Ryckert failing to complete a level on the Giant Bomb Quick Look. Oh, and it's got a story.