By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Wii - First Day Sales: 300k

Wow nice news! Seem Im late on this news for one day. I just know this only now on IGN forums.

Now for the european sales, wonder if it'll beat the 250k mark of GT5P within one week :)

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Am I the only one not suprised? Mario Kart for the DS sold how much in Japan, again?

Yeah but, honestly BBA was big on DS and not as big on Wii, its kind of hit and miss with Wii software performing similar to their DS counter parts. Its really inconsistent in terms of software sales. I think we all knew it would do at least well though. But I wouldnt be surprised if it does not have the legs of the DS version. There is still a 15 million userbase gap there.

thats great,i hope it has good legs

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

CrazzyMan said:
First dat shipment was 400k? Till teh end of week there will be more?
Or why Nintendo shipped only 400k? Not confident in Wii kart?

Anyway, not bad, but somehow, i don`t think, game will have good legs, will stop selling just like Super Mario Galaxy did.
Anyway, time will show.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha

HAHAHAhahaha

HAhaha

ha

Your one funny poster!

1) Since when is Mario Galaxy selling bad?!... It has 6.2 million sold after ~20k weeks and selling @ 70k a week worldwide, i don't know about you but i'd like to call that 'LEGS!!!'. The best sellingl game on the PS3 only sold HALF of that!

2) Mario Kart is ALL about legs, not front-loaded (just look up the launchnumbers of former iterations in Japan). 400k is reasonable because they can get new shipments in within days (coming from China).

3) Mario Kart looks like it's selling a little bit better then GT5 prologue, if you'd like to call this or Super Mario Galaxy for that matter a failure, what would you call GT5 prologue?!...

Keep up the good work though!

THE NETHERLANDS

note to everybody:

MK doesn't have "legs"; it has wheels

har har har

/post

Around the Network
yushire said:
Wow nice news! Seem Im late on this news for one day. I just know this only now on IGN forums.

Now for the european sales, wonder if it'll beat the 250k mark of GT5P within one week :)

Well I think so. Here in Holland it's sold out in many stores and they had sh*tloads of games.
I guess MKWii can at least double GT5P, but I wouldn't be surprised if it will be more (600.000 or so).

Go MK Wii!

Bruno Muñoz B said:

First day sales:

Mario Kart Wii 300k ---- 70% of the initial shipment .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275245&page=9

Awesome.... that's what most people were predicting for the whole week. Once again, Nintendo has exceeded expectations. The NA launch for this game will be much larger and the game will outsell Wii Play.

CrazzyMan said:
First dat shipment was 400k? Till teh end of week there will be more?
Or why Nintendo shipped only 400k? Not confident in Wii kart?

Anyway, not bad, but somehow, i don`t think, game will have good legs, will stop selling just like Super Mario Galaxy did.
Anyway, time will show.
  After 21 weeks, SMG still ranked #7 in US chart,  it have good legs, as good as Kelly Brooke' legs

what I like about MKWii getting a huge first week, is it disproves that the Wii is only casuals. I am sure a few casual bought it this week, but this is when core gamers get our games.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut