By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter World Reviews- 91 Metacritic (53 Reviews) - 91 OpenCritic (55 Reviews)

Bajablo said:
>_>

Its time my friend :) Enjoy the life and the future :D http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234409   Greetings <3

Pinkie_pie said:
just 2 more hours to go and i can download the game. got it pre ordered on psn.

Have fun = )

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm so...

The pre-orders in the west are very strong - the game is the number one on many sites-charts(amazon ect). In Japan, the pre-orders are gigantic. Look in the "pre order" thread; )

News, by Capcom: Monster Hunter World for PlayStation 4 - Horizon: Zero Dawn collaboration begins January 26! Special Collaboration #1: “Teachings of the Wild” Event Quest and more! 

+ Quest Level: 5 Stars

+ Quest Acceptance Requirement: Hunter Rank 6 or higher

+ Field: Arena

+ Main Target: Defeat 8 Barnos

+ Client: A Heretic Protecting the Field – Now starts your intensive hunting training. It’s a winged dragon. It’s a weak one in terms of monsters. However, although weak, it can kill a hunter. Be sure not to go in unprepared. If you bring down your prey, I’ll give you special equipment for your Palico.

Special Collaboration #2 (TBA) in future:

"The second special collaboration, which has yet to be dated, will be an event quest where players can obtain the materials necessary to forge the “Aloy’s Bow” weapon and “Aloy Series” full armor set to completely transform into Horizon: Zero Dawn protagonist Aloy."

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 25 January 2018

Around the Network

Colour me surprised.

KazumaKiryu said:
Jranation said:

Wow! Hopefully it stays above 90

I would say that can happen if a Switch port happens. 

The game is a great success, that's absolutely safe ;) MH World will have the best ratings and sales figures of the Monster Hunter series, is the prediction of Capcom and others. This is due to the bigger development effort / love to detail for MH World. By the way: I always find it funny when some switch owners beg every week "oh please, please for switch, pleeease god, i want this new title too" xD :P

Capcom said in the last japanese interview for MH World:We don’t have any plans for the Switch. It’s also because for every title we decide what the best fit for hardware is for the concept. We don’t just look at everything. It’s more like “if we want to achieve this kind of game concept, where’s the best place to achieve that?” and for this title the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were the best fit for us.”

Metroid33slayer said:
So is this game basically monster hunter 5.

Yes!

PS: Who buy the limited edition PS4 Pro Monster Hunter Bundle here on VGChartz? That would be interesting for me. I like the design, very cool.

...... so you think it can sell 10mil without Switch version?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'm surprised it's doing quite so well as I'd heard it wasn't running well on base PS4's and Xbox 1's. Good to see it's being so well received!... maybe a switch port isn't completely impossible? :D

Until then, I might get this for the Xbox 1 X; I hope they fully utilize the hardware!

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm so confused about Capcom's strategy with this game. Changing the game to appeal to the western market might not bring the results they want if they ignore part of their massive japanese audience. Is there a COMG preorders comparaison between MHW and the PSP and 3DS MHs?

As I understand the core gameplay is still the same, so why would Japanese players reject it when it's obviously a solid entry in their beloved franchise? The thing that will keep some players away is not the game itself but the platforms it's not on.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Yeah screw the haters! Good to see this series finally realize its full potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Great scores. I wished I would like the Monster Hunter series, unfortunately I find them repetitiv and boring.

Metroid33slayer said:
So is this game basically monster hunter 5.

Its the next "main" game of monster hunter yes, thats always been known.
Im not surprised it scored well, when its not held back by a handheld, they have so much cpu/gpu power to play with, that they can enrich the world, monsters, AI's, ect. ontop of makeing it look that much better.

Oh damn! Good to see this getting great reviews, I was considering buying it a few months ago if I had the money when it was January but now I don't, but still i'll probably try it eventually, or unless it depends on how long they take to put it on PC.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm so confused about Capcom's strategy with this game. Changing the game to appeal to the western market might not bring the results they want if they ignore part of their massive japanese audience. Is there a COMG preorders comparaison between MHW and the PSP and 3DS MHs?

they've added a proper tutorial, made it easier to see the results and trees from crafting, added damage numbers (which can be turned off), have added a bit more of a structure to some of the quests in terms of story, made gathering quests 'bounties' that can be done alongside other quests instead of being seperate.

99% of the game is the same. they have just added a few tweaks to make it a bit easier to learn for newcomers, and shaved a bit of time off of doing the more boring, time-consuming stuff. I'm struggling to see any kind 'ignoring' that Capcom are doing.