By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves Open Beta Official Thread.

How To Participate

Beta is open to everyone on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. On Xbox you can find it on the Xbox store and on PC it can be found on the Windows store.

Beta Times

The Sea of Thieves open beta will end at 3 AM PT / 6 AM ET / 10 AM GMT on March 11th.

Minimun PC Requirments

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130T 2.9 GHz or AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz
RAM: 4GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 1GB Video Memory
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB or AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB
DX: DirectX 12
HDD: 60GB Available Hard Drive Space

The beta has no NDA so you can share your experience with the game. 

Last edited by jason1637 - on 09 March 2018

Around the Network

I think I am going to pre-order and play over the weekend.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

I pre ordered but will probably cancel after the beta since it will be on gamepass.

If you decide to play during the weekend you can hit me up to play as a crew. My Gamer tag is JODEGAMER.

Damn glad I saw this thread. For whatever reason I though it started on Friday. Hope it has substantially more content the Alpha.

jason1637 said:
starcraft said:

I pre ordered but will probably cancel after the beta since it will be on gamepass.

If you decide to play during the weekend you can hit me up to play as a crew. My Gamer tag is JODEGAMER.

Booked my pre-order online, now hope the Beta code email turns up sometime today!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

FIT_Gamer said:
Damn glad I saw this thread. For whatever reason I though it started on Friday. Hope it has substantially more content the Alpha.

This is what Rare said regarding whats in the beta.

"[A]: We’ve crafted a bespoke experience for Closed Beta players that has been designed to give everyone a taste of the pirate life that they can expect in the full version of the game at release. We won’t be testing the full game during the Closed Beta phase: we want to keep a good selection of things up our sleeves for players to discover at launch.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/closed-beta

ding w I read somewhere that they are adding more content to the beta than the alpha. I didnt play the alpha so im excited to try out the beta.

Will this be playable offline? Is there a story mode? I would like to give this game a shot if it does. The game world looks intriguing.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Will this be playable offline? Is there a story mode? I would like to give this game a shot if it does. The game world looks intriguing.

There isnt a story mode but you can play the game solo but it will be online. If you play solo the smaller ships are faster than the ships with crews so they can out run the,.

Bristow9091 said:
I won't be in the beta, and won't actually be buying the game at all unless they decide to release it on Steam for us Win7 scrubs lol, but I'm interested to hear what people think of the game, so I'll be checking this thread out and see what you guys have been up to. Be sure to post lots of screenshots and videos! :P

Still using Win7? The upgrade was free and Win10 is more efficient then Win7.. why did you choose to stay with 7?

Bristow9091 said:
Azzanation said:

Still using Win7? The upgrade was free and Win10 is more efficient then Win7.. why did you choose to stay with 7?

Because I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like change, it took me until 2011 to even upgrade to Win7 from WinXP, lol. I don't know to be honest, I just got so used to using Win7 that I didn't feel the need to upgrade, and I wasn't really a fan of how the OS itself looked, with the UI and stuff, although there's been big improvements since then, it no longer seems like a tablet OS in appearance. I'll upgrade to Win10 eventually, but only when it becomes pretty much mandatory, not sure when that'll be though.

I loved Win7, its a great OS. Win8 went backwards however Win10 is basically Win7 again with all the latest extras. I don't think MS will port many games to Steam these days unless there low sellers however if Sea Of Thieves fell in that catagory than it probably wouldnt be worth playing since its a game designed around a community of players.

Theres no rush to get Win10.. however it would be cheaper to upgrade to Win10 than buying an Xbox. Than again it depends on your PC specs aswell.

Ill be trying out the Beta tonight, hopefully its good. I heard positives things about the Alpha so this will be interesting