By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves Open Beta Official Thread.

jason1637 said:

FIT_Gamer said:
Damn glad I saw this thread. For whatever reason I though it started on Friday. Hope it has substantially more content the Alpha.

This is what Rare said regarding whats in the beta.

"[A]: We’ve crafted a bespoke experience for Closed Beta players that has been designed to give everyone a taste of the pirate life that they can expect in the full version of the game at release. We won’t be testing the full game during the Closed Beta phase: we want to keep a good selection of things up our sleeves for players to discover at launch.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/closed-beta

ding w I read somewhere that they are adding more content to the beta than the alpha. I didnt play the alpha so im excited to try out the beta.

The Alpha was fun for about 2 weeks then it became very dull. Read map, sail to island, dig for treasure chest, occasionally have a mediocre ship battle, return to outpost, repeat. 

Just hoping their are some side quest and maybe some story element. 

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Will this be playable offline? Is there a story mode? I would like to give this game a shot if it does. The game world looks intriguing.

It's an online only title, they haven't said anything about a story mode.

You definitely want to have your own group of friends to play with. Playing with randoms was terrible during the Alpha because there was so much trolling. Assholes taking all the treasure chest and throwing them off the ship and then leaving the game. 

Also playing alone would be boring as all hell. Definitely a group game. 

Last edited by FIT_Gamer - on 24 January 2018

#2 game on Twitch. 

I'll be trying the beta tomorrow. Don't have anyone to play with though so hopefully my crew won't be full of trolls.

FIT_Gamer said:
jason1637 said:

This is what Rare said regarding whats in the beta.

"[A]: We’ve crafted a bespoke experience for Closed Beta players that has been designed to give everyone a taste of the pirate life that they can expect in the full version of the game at release. We won’t be testing the full game during the Closed Beta phase: we want to keep a good selection of things up our sleeves for players to discover at launch.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/closed-beta

ding w I read somewhere that they are adding more content to the beta than the alpha. I didnt play the alpha so im excited to try out the beta.

The Alpha was fun for about 2 weeks then it became very dull. Read map, sail to island, dig for treasure chest, occasionally have a mediocre ship battle, return to outpost, repeat. 

Just hoping their are some side quest and maybe some story element. 

Here's a list of stuff that will be in the full release that haven't in the betas. The Merchant company and Skeleton hunting company were in the alpha though.

- Merchant Trading Company (Treasure Hunting, Riddles)

- Skeleton Hunting Company (Hunting Skeleton Captains) - Not in Beta.

- Animal Trading Company (Hunting & Capturing Animals for Sale) - Not in Beta.

- More Underwater Content (Coral Reefs) - Not in Beta.

- The Kraken (Boss Battle) - Not in Beta.

- Global Events - Not in Beta.

- More enemy types beyond Skeletons - Not in Beta.

- More Islands will be added. - Not in Beta.

- More Wildlife (Pigs, Snakes, Chickens, Parrots, Clownfish, Etc.) - Not in Beta.

- Harpoon Guns for Sharks/Bosses - Not in Beta.

- Ship Customisation (Flags, Figureheads, Colour Etc.) - Not in Beta.

- Character Customisation - Not in Beta.

- More Food Types - Not in Beta.

- Potion Mechanic - Curing, Poisoning, Resurrection etc.) - Not in Beta.

- More Weapons (Boarding Axes, Heavy Sword, Rapier, etc.) - Not in Beta. 

Last edited by jason1637 - on 24 January 2018

Around the Network

Played it a couple times.

First time was by myself and I found it pretty boring.

Second time I decided to play viva match making and had some decent amount of fun.

Not a game I would pay for 60 dollars but I can see it playing at launch since its apart of game pass.

Oh yeah this thread is much more lively...

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Game is now I'm Open beta.

Has this game been Xbox One X Enhanced yet?

Ryuu96 said:
Vasto said:
Has this game been Xbox One X Enhanced yet?

Yeah this final beta has X enhancements.

Thanks