This is what Rare said regarding whats in the beta.
"[A]: We’ve crafted a bespoke experience for Closed Beta players that has been designed to give everyone a taste of the pirate life that they can expect in the full version of the game at release. We won’t be testing the full game during the Closed Beta phase: we want to keep a good selection of things up our sleeves for players to discover at launch.
ding w I read somewhere that they are adding more content to the beta than the alpha. I didnt play the alpha so im excited to try out the beta.
The Alpha was fun for about 2 weeks then it became very dull. Read map, sail to island, dig for treasure chest, occasionally have a mediocre ship battle, return to outpost, repeat.
Just hoping their are some side quest and maybe some story element.
Here's a list of stuff that will be in the full release that haven't in the betas. The Merchant company and Skeleton hunting company were in the alpha though.
- Merchant Trading Company (Treasure Hunting, Riddles)
- Skeleton Hunting Company (Hunting Skeleton Captains) - Not in Beta.
- Animal Trading Company (Hunting & Capturing Animals for Sale) - Not in Beta.
- More Underwater Content (Coral Reefs) - Not in Beta.
- The Kraken (Boss Battle) - Not in Beta.
- Global Events - Not in Beta.
- More enemy types beyond Skeletons - Not in Beta.
- More Islands will be added. - Not in Beta.
- More Wildlife (Pigs, Snakes, Chickens, Parrots, Clownfish, Etc.) - Not in Beta.
- Harpoon Guns for Sharks/Bosses - Not in Beta.
- Ship Customisation (Flags, Figureheads, Colour Etc.) - Not in Beta.
- Character Customisation - Not in Beta.
- More Food Types - Not in Beta.
- Potion Mechanic - Curing, Poisoning, Resurrection etc.) - Not in Beta.
- More Weapons (Boarding Axes, Heavy Sword, Rapier, etc.) - Not in Beta.
Last edited by jason1637 - on 24 January 2018