By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atari launches crowdfunding campaign for RollerCoaster Tycoon Switch

Its so strange..... Atari is a former shell of what it once was, hell its even worse than that, but they dont have 10k to supposedelly make the game?Especially now when they are trying to launch a console?

This smells fishy to me.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I love how the guy in the video acts as if Atari is still a name people even care about. They haven't been a household name for over a decade at this point.

Also.. $750 contribution for just 25% off the final game? Absolutely pathetic.

They already make almost half of the goal so...looks like is working?

But is Atari really in that dire of money that they cant fund this on their own?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

This is so pathetic, arf.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

VGPolyglot said:
OTBWY said:
As someone with fond memories of Atari (Atari ST anyone?), it's hard to see them like this.

Unfortunately the ST wasn't very popular here. I almost got an Atari Jaguar once though

It was one of the first computers I every played games on. Really couldn't forget. It was already old by then, but it just had some of the most memorable games and I had great fun with it. I remember my brother buying cheap joysticks that would break in two weeks. It's sad that Americans really didn't get the amazing games from the AtariST-Amiga era in the UK. But hey, it's all good. I got a SNES for Christmas in 94. After that I was done with playing PC games for a long while as I got into console gaming.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
VGPolyglot said:

Unfortunately the ST wasn't very popular here. I almost got an Atari Jaguar once though

It was one of the first computers I every played games on. Really couldn't forget. It was already old by then, but it just had some of the most memorable games and I had great fun with it. I remember my brother buying cheap joysticks that would break in two weeks. It's sad that Americans really didn't get the amazing games from the AtariST-Amiga era in the UK. But hey, it's all good. I got a SNES for Christmas in 94. After that I was done with playing PC games for a long while as I got into console gaming.

Yeah, the Amiga, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, etc. weren't really popular here. The main exceptions to that were the Apple II and Commodore 64.

OTBWY said:
As someone with fond memories of Atari (Atari ST anyone?), it's hard to see them like this.

It's not the same Atari.

The old Atari died and then some french company dug up the corpse, cut off the face, and started using it as a mask.

On topic though. Roller coaster Tychoon is a great game. I hope the kickstarter succeeds.

I LOVE ICELAND!

So by the budget I'm guessing it's a port of one of the existing games? If it's just World, 4 Mobile or 3D then that would be a waste. A port of the original two might actually sell something halfway decent.

I always liked Sim Theme Park better. It was a much deeper game.

I wonder if it will be coming to the Ataribox too?