By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VGPolyglot said:
Errorist76 said:

Not only social media...smart phone use does as well, as well as too much gaming. Better try real talks with people and being creative, make something with your hands. Stuff we were made to do. Don't text your friends...call them instead! Makes a world of a difference.

I don't have any friends in real life, though And it's very hard for me to make them since I'm quiet and tend to prefer doing activities on my own.

Have you ever thought about getting a dog? My little dachshund lady has saved my life several times already and you’re getting to know people much easier that way. Also getting out and getting fresh air regurlarly helps a lot with freeing up your mind. Dogs are also such a girls magnet, you wouldn’t believe it.

Around the Network

I've recently finished the story portion of Celeste and found the story very touching. One of the main subject of the game is depression, I liked how they treated the issue but I was wondering what were the thoughts of people dealing with depression on how it was tackled in the game?

Signature goes here!

I've had periods of depression throughout my life where I just feel down and lost about where to go in my life - it mainly comes from a frustration of feeling stuck in being unable to find a good full time job and a relationship, so there are definitely feelings of loneliness and frustration that boil to the surface sometimes. This tends to creep up during periods of my life that are particularly uneventful and which I grow increasingly isolated from friends and society in general. At its core it stems from my shyness and anxiety issues - though I often feel like I've made great strides in these areas, sometimes I feel like I regress back into these old feelings in certain situations.. I nearly had a panic attack when my cousin informed me he'd like me to be the best man at his wedding heh..

I try to make a point to get out of the house, hang with friends on occasion even if I initially feel I have to push myself to do it, try and be productive, and take care of myself mentally and physically by working out, relaxation techniques, and I've even made a point to cut way back on my drinking lately. These steps usually help somewhat. I can't say that my depression has ever reached a critical level but it does occasionally near a point where I feel things could potentially get out of hand if I don't take care of myself.

Not even sure what the point of my rambling is other than it feels a bit therapeutic to me as I usually keep things bottled up :P

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

TruckOSaurus said:
I've recently finished the story portion of Celeste and found the story very touching. One of the main subject of the game is depression, I liked how they treated the issue but I was wondering what were the thoughts of people dealing with depression on how it was tackled in the game?

Unfortunately I haven't played Celeste myself, but hopefully someone else here can shed some light.

Well... There's someone that I know that sounds pretty depressed... Is it a good idea to address it, or better just leave it? I don't have any experience dealing with it, so I really don't know...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
palou said:
Well... There's someone that I know that sounds pretty depressed... Is it a good idea to address it, or better just leave it? I don't have any experience dealing with it, so I really don't know...

Well, I don't think it'd hurt to ask him/her if he's all right/OK, but if he/she appears to be uncomfortable with the conversation, I guess that's a sign that he/she would probably rather not talk about it.

VGPolyglot said:
palou said:

Well, I don't think it'd hurt to ask him/her if he's all right/OK, but if he/she appears to be uncomfortable with the conversation, I guess that's a sign that he/she would probably rather not talk about it.

hmm...I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

Talk about it when there is just you two, not a large group of people. You can at least make it clear that he/she can talk to you and you will listen if he/she wants to talk.

PSintend0 said:

Talk about it when there is just you two, not a large group of people. You can at least make it clear that he/she can talk to you and you will listen if he/she wants to talk.

hmm, yes, I'll do that, we'll meet up on Tuesday.

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I'm depressed because i'm in a discord server where i cant even get the people I want into the discord : (

also everyone in the server is from third world countries and so they keep voting on getting in people from third world countries and so my timezone is fucked up for talking and chatting and i have to wait till like 4 am for the discord to be active