By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally beat A link to the Past!......Meh

crazy. i beat the game 2 years ago for the first time, its a 10 out of 10.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Some people just don't have taste in games, or for some reason randomly hate a game that everybody else loves. The latter happens to all of us from time to time.

I've actually seen increasingly less love for A Link to the Past over time. It's actually really sad. I've no idea what people have on their minds when they say stuff like ALBW, Minish Cap or even Link's Awakening are better, but oh well, to each their own I guess.

Yeah, reading this just hurts my heart.

I loved both Minish Cap and Link's Awakening. I actually didn't play either of them until a couple of years ago and both times every other game on every other console took a back seat. They're so engrossing.

My first time playing Link to the Past was when it first released. Since then, it's been mostly nostalgia playthroughs. I do think the later games are better but LttP was the "first" so it'll always hold a place in my heart.

I played through it again on SNES classic and it's every bit as amazing as it's always been. It was my first SNES game back in the 90's so maybe nostalgia is a factor.

Definitely go after Link's Awakening now. It follows the same hero, and is one of my favorite Zelda games.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Some people just don't have taste in games, or for some reason randomly hate a game that everybody else loves. The latter happens to all of us from time to time.

Play Minish Cap next. That was one of the freshest Zelda games back in the day. Almost all the items in that game are original ideas thought up by Capcom. IMO unlocking the Bow, Hookshot, Boomerang, etc in every Zelda game gets old and predictable. Capcom brought back the sense of discovery that pre-BotW Zelda had in its dungeons.

I don't get the point of this kind of comments. In the end people can like whatever they want and that doesn't affect you in any way. And not like telling people that they have "bad taste" will change their opinions, so saying it feels completely pointless. Personally I don't feel the need that all the games I like have to be the most beloved in the series or whatever. Edit: I mean, I love Skyward Sword and everyone and their mothers hate it but I don't really mind.

Shiken said:

(.)

Now let it be noted thst if you have a WiiU AND a 3DS, you can buy every CANON game from the online store digitally except for Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures (which you need two GBA, two copies of the game, and a link cable for FS and a Gamecube and a single physical copy for FSA).

(..)

Four Swords is DSiware. With an added single-player mode. You can get that on 3DS as well.

S.Peelman said:
Shiken said:

(.)

Now let it be noted thst if you have a WiiU AND a 3DS, you can buy every CANON game from the online store digitally except for Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures (which you need two GBA, two copies of the game, and a link cable for FS and a Gamecube and a single physical copy for FSA).

(..)

Four Swords is DSiware. With an added single-player mode. You can get that on 3DS as well.

It was only available for a limited, short time on two different occassions.  You can no longer download it as DSiware, so unless you already have it, you need two physical copies, two GBA systems, and a link cable.

They should have made it permanently available, I have no idea why they would leave it at limited...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
S.Peelman said:

It was only available for a limited, short time on two different occassions.  You can no longer download it as DSiware, so unless you already have it, you need two physical copies, two GBA systems, and a link cable.

They should have made it permanently available, I have no idea why they would leave it at limited...

Really? Didn't know it was only temporary. It's on my 3DS, but yeah if it's not available anymore then you'll have to get some GBA's.

zorg1000 said:
Im sure Link to the Past was amazing when it came out but i agree, i enjoyed Minish Cap & Link Between Worlds much more.

I really hope to see a new 2D title on Switch in the near future.

having played played LTTP only 3 years, i loved it, then i played minish cap, it was good, but LTTP is on another level.