By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After Labo presentation- Nintendo stock at highest level since September 2008

How many units will Nintendo Labo sell?

less than 500,000 2 5.88%

500,000 - 1,000,000 4 11.76%

1,000,000 - 5,000,000 12 35.29%

5,000,000 - 10,000,000 7 20.59%

more than 10,000,000 9 26.47%

Total:34

Nintendo's stock reached its highest peak since September 2008. Obviously the shareholders have high expectation that Nintendo Labo will be successful. 

Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/300006-nintendo-stock-hits-a-9-year-high?page=1

Nintendo's newest venture has a high potential to sale a lot with only taking a low risk. What could be other reasons why the stocks are at its current level?

Around the Network

The stock market in general has experienced an incredible run up in the last several years. Many companies are at their highest point since about that time.

Interesting. I could see kids really liking the Labo. I feel like asking a 7 year old what they think about it.

XD84 said:

Nintendo's stock reached its highest peak since September 2008. Obviously the shareholders have high expectation that Nintendo Labo will be successful. 

Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/300006-nintendo-stock-hits-a-9-year-high?page=1

In other news: Microsoft's stock reached its highest peak since .... ever! Obviously the shareholders have high expectations in Matt Booty, who was just announced as the new boss of Microsoft Game Studios:

It has to be the cause of that stock price and can't be just a correlation to their other business successes, can it?

If Nintendo can sell a few sheets of cardboard at hugely inflated prices and make a success of it with huge profits obviously it's going to add to share prices especially on the back of the Switch success. The manufacturing cost will be peanuts. If it fails or under-performs then stock values will adjust back down. A lot of people don't understand the actual product and look at the track record of the company which clearly looks good currently due to Switch. It's one of those quirky Nintendo products that has no appeal to me at all but could still be hugely successful.

Around the Network

When the title of this thread can legitimately be changed to 'since November 2007', then I'll be impressed.

I think the core concept of Labo is very appealing to kids and parents. But I also wonder how many people are going to get frustrated with the "some assembly required" part, especially if they have to keep buying and assembling new cardboard pieces. Once people have actually had Labo for a little while the enthusiasm may die down.

To be honest they look designed to wear out quickly and be thrown away. Surely they should use some sort of plastic board so that the product can be used multiple times even many years after purchase. It's not going to have much resell value for sure most will likely break quite quickly.

Mind you once you have bought one set you can use it as a template to make copies for friends using old cardboard boxes etc and some improvised minor parts.

I don't get it though admittedly, just seems like there are millions of better things to spend money on than that.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I think the core concept of Labo is very appealing to kids and parents. But I also wonder how many people are going to get frustrated with the "some assembly required" part, especially if they have to keep buying and assembling new cardboard pieces. Once people have actually had Labo for a little while the enthusiasm may die down.

Or it could blow up more. People will start to make there own Labo and share it online. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

CaptainExplosion said:
Jranation said:

Or it could blow up more. People will start to make there own Labo and share it online. 

Somehow that might turn into something terrifying. *immediately thinks Labo Vibrator* XD

Have you checked the NSFW thread  of Lobo on here? If not go to it NOW! xD 

Pocky Lover Boy!