By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After Labo presentation- Nintendo stock at highest level since September 2008

How many units will Nintendo Labo sell?

less than 500,000 2 5.88%

500,000 - 1,000,000 4 11.76%

1,000,000 - 5,000,000 12 35.29%

5,000,000 - 10,000,000 7 20.59%

more than 10,000,000 9 26.47%

Total:34

I can't help but wonder how high Nintendo's stocks will be once they properly announce and show a trailer for Pokémon for Switch.

Last edited by Lucca - on 20 January 2018

B O I

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
I can help but wonder how high Nintendo's stocks will be once they properly announce and show a trailer for Pokémon for Switch.

It wont have as much as effect as some would expect. One big influence on the current stock price are the expectations shareholders have towards a company. Since it is already known that Pokemon Switch is in development, an announcement with trailer and gameplay wont have such a big influence on the stock price. Even if the game looks underwhelming so that the shareholders will lower their expectations on the success of Pokemon the stock price might sink a little but it wont have as big as an impact.

In the other hand if Pokemon Switch would be canceled, that would plunge Nintendo's stock price.

XD84 said:

Since it is already known that Pokemon Switch is in development, an announcement with trailer and gameplay wont have such a big influence on the stock price.

Yeah, you might be right. Maybe the buzz surrounding it when it happens will do something, but probably not that much.

XD84 said:

In the other hand if Pokemon Switch would be canceled, that would plunge Nintendo's stock price.

They wouldn't cancel a Pokémon game. It's too big of a franchise and people are too excited for Nintendo to do that. Btw, what was the last time a first-party Nintendo title was canceled after its announcement?

B O I

XD84 said:

They wouldn't cancel a Pokémon game. It's too big of a franchise and people are too excited for Nintendo to do that. Btw, what was the last time a first-party Nintendo title was canceled after its announcement?

Nintendo would cancel every other announced game befor they would cancel Pokemon Switch. So it will never happen unless Nintendo goes bankrupt.

I have no idea which game was the last one Nintendo cancelled. Does anyone else know?

XD84 said:

Nintendo would cancel every other announced game befor they would cancel Pokemon Switch. So it will never happen unless Nintendo goes bankrupt.

I have no idea which game was the last one Nintendo cancelled. Does anyone else know?

Project HAMMER is the first thing that comes to mind...

Around the Network

Hard to say what effect Labo has had

Shareprices currently

Microsoft, highest ever
Nintendo, highest in 10 years
Sony, highest in 11 years

It looks like everyone is doing great at the moment

Also still neck and neck between the 2 Japanese companies for MarketCap
Sony $63.06 Billion
Nintendo $61.87 Billion

XD84 said:

Nintendo's stock reached its highest peak since September 2008. Obviously the shareholders have high expectation that Nintendo Labo will be successful. 

Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/300006-nintendo-stock-hits-a-9-year-high?page=1

Nintendo's newest venture has a high potential to sale a lot with only taking a low risk. What could be other reasons why the stocks are at its current level?

Uhm I just rechecked, it was over 60k in july 2008 and currenty is just 48k

habam said:
XD84 said:

Nintendo's stock reached its highest peak since September 2008. Obviously the shareholders have high expectation that Nintendo Labo will be successful. 

Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/300006-nintendo-stock-hits-a-9-year-high?page=1

Nintendo's newest venture has a high potential to sale a lot with only taking a low risk. What could be other reasons why the stocks are at its current level?

"Nintendo's stock reached its highest peak since September 2008."

Thaddaeus02 said:
habam said:

"Nintendo's stock reached its highest peak since September 2008."

Oh right, i cant read lol :D

Jranation said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I think the core concept of Labo is very appealing to kids and parents. But I also wonder how many people are going to get frustrated with the "some assembly required" part, especially if they have to keep buying and assembling new cardboard pieces. Once people have actually had Labo for a little while the enthusiasm may die down.

Or it could blow up more. People will start to make there own Labo and share it online. 

Labo definitely has the potential to be a huge cult hit for this very reason.  I just don't think it will have the same mass market impact that Wii Sports or even Wii Fit had.

Of course, I would love NIntendo to prove me wrong.  I will be watching the upcoming hands-on demonstrations very closely.