By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the PS5 will be a VR only console?

Have you tried VR yet?

Yes! 21 19.63%

Nope. 86 80.37%

Total:107

Do you think the PS5 will still be capable of beeing connected to a TV to watch 2D content? Do you think Sony will still make flat games for the Ps5?

VR is expected to take of heavily on the near future (and sales are already increasing during the past months). Most people that got the chance to try VR were amazed, most think its the "future of gaming".

With todays problems (low resolution, wires) beeing sort out in the future, do you think many people would even care to play games on their tv anymore?

The Ps4 and Pro are pretty much capable of doing all kind of crazy flat games, could a possible PS5 even be a significant improvement or will it just be higher resolution/more frames for pancake games ?(most people dont even care about resolution/FPS => see sales of the PS4Pro in comparison to the slim).

I think flat gaming will most likely still be around in the future (like 2D games are still around now). But im not sure if they will be a thing you need to use your PS4 for to enjoy or if sony will bother to support that typ of gaming still in 2020/2021.

What do you think?

Around the Network

"Do you think the PS5 will be a VR only console?"

LivingMetal said:

Do you think there will be people that would still play without VR in the future? Maybe because of motion sickness?

habam said:
LivingMetal said:

Do you think there will be people that would still play without VR in the future? Maybe because of motion sickness?

Ka-pi96 said:
It better fucking not be! Would be the worst console of all time if that happened!

but who should be interested in playing games on a tv anymore as soon as todays problems with vr are sorted out? 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
habam said:

but who should be interested in playing games on a tv anymore as soon as todays problems with vr are sorted out? 

umm... me? I have no interest in vr and never will.

which vr headset and which software have you tried that turned you off that much and why?

habam said:
Ka-pi96 said:
It better fucking not be! Would be the worst console of all time if that happened!

I don't think VR is developed enough for there to be a VR-only console. Enough people don't like VR, as it is. VR might be a staple 20 years (3 generations) from now, but I don't think home consoles will be a thing that far out.

I sincerely doubt it. VR is taking off, but still very slowly. It doesn’t have nearly enough mass appeal yet to justify being the primary controller. I think it’s obvious PS5 will launch alongside an updated PSVR headset, but Sony isn’t going to risk pulling a Xbone, and make it mandatory.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

LivingMetal said:
habam said:

Because this:

is in all possible ways a huge advancement to this: