By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NPD: Playstation 4 was the Best Selling Console of 2017 in the U.S.

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

How does any of that dispute what he said?

All he said was this years numbers will be interesting and competitive.

Talking about sales this year being interesting and true competition...... Either one stands on its own but combined they don't because thats not the case.

There is nothing interesting about comparing sales to a new console to consoles that are 4 years older than it and that should be on their way out. But I am just repeating myself now, which means you didn't much care to try and understand what I was even saying..... 

You are getting too hung up on the age of the platform, 2017 was PS4's best year yet so its clearly not on its way out.

Interesting & competitive just means it will be fun to watch because it will likely be close. Its pretty self explanatory.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I fully believe that the ps4 will match 2017 sales in 2018, so saying that it's the 4th year hardly matters. I also think that the switch will be able to sell really close to it, assuming it doesn't sell better.It will be interesting to see if sales can keep up for the switch and ps4, and will be a very competitive market if they do. 

MasonADC said:

I fully believe that the ps4 will match 2017 sales in 2018, so saying that it's the 4th year hardly matters. I also think that the switch will be able to sell really close to it, assuming it doesn't sell better.It will be interesting to see if sales can keep up for the switch and ps4, and will be a very competitive market if they do. 

Yep

Interesting, as in fun to watch

Competitive, as in close contest

There is nothing inaccurate about your previous post but for some reason Intrinsic felt the need to tell you you're wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well, it was, but it was the first year of the Switch, there were stock issues, and this year the ps4 will get a permanent pricecut+ it's best lineup. 

zorg1000 said:

Do this

PS4 launch-Dec 2014

NSW launch-Mar 2018

Its roughly 13 months for both and should look something like

PS4-18.5 million

NSW-~15 million

Yup that works..... at least doing it that way puts everyone on a level playing field.

zorg1000 said:
MasonADC said:

Yep

There is nothing inaccurate about your previous post but for some reason Intrinsic felt the need to tell you you're wrong.

See his comment here? Its based on his belief. He also disagrees with what I feel about the age of the consoles. Just like you do. See the thing about that is that its ok. You guys can agree or disagree with me and make whatever arguments you want to that end. Just like I can agree or disagree with whatever you guys are saying and make my own case.

He and some here believe the the PS4 will do as well this year as it did last year. I hope it would, but I believe it wouldn't. I believe the NS should do better this year than it did last year and even better than the PS4. Anyways, lets just leave it alone.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Do this

PS4 launch-Dec 2014

NSW launch-Mar 2018

Its roughly 13 months for both and should look something like

PS4-18.5 million

NSW-~15 million

Yup that works..... at least doing it that way puts everyone on a level playing field.

zorg1000 said:

Yep

See his comment here? Its based on his belief. He also disagrees with what I feel about the age of the consoles. Just like you do. See the thing about that is that its ok. You guys can agree or disagree with me and make whatever arguments you want to that end. Just like I can agree or disagree with whatever you guys are saying and make my own case.

He and some here believe the the PS4 will do as well this year as it did last year. I hope it would, but I believe it wouldn't. I believe the NS should do better this year than it did last year and even better than the PS4. Anyways, lets just leave it alone.

Most of that is irrelevant to what he originally said though which was essentially, "this year will be fun to watch because sales will be close."

Then you made a 5 paragraph response saying hes wrong and the comparison is unfair.

I just dont understand how you came up with that kind of response based on what he said.

CGI-Quality said:
MasonADC said:

Sales this year will be sooo interesting, True competition will come from all three companies. 

Was last year not true competition as well?

Xbox was really incompetent in 2017 to be honest. So it was true competition from two companies only imo.

This year does look to be better for them, to be honest.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

It does? What does Xbox have this year that makes it better for them than last year? At least last year they got the 1X.

quickrick said:
GOWTLOZ said:

PS3 had more powerful hardware but a more complex architecture and most third party developers didn't take advantage of PS3's massive CPU power lead over the Xbox 360.

I know ps3 was more over all more powerful, but i really doubt the cpu was  such a huge advantage, even the most talented dev's like rock star with huge budget couldn't get games to run better on ps3, it was just really shit designed hardware when the best devs can't even take advantage of it, even after many years 360 multiplats usually had a advantage, but early on it made ps3 look like shit. imo if most games don't run better then the console really doesn't deserve to be called more powerful.

I mean, that's not really true. When games were designed for PS3 first, then ported to 360, performance drastically improved. The 360 to PS3 ports were awful. I remember Oblivion being delayed like 9 months because they wanted to get it working properly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
quickrick said:

I know ps3 was more over all more powerful, but i really doubt the cpu was  such a huge advantage, even the most talented dev's like rock star with huge budget couldn't get games to run better on ps3, it was just really shit designed hardware when the best devs can't even take advantage of it, even after many years 360 multiplats usually had a advantage, but early on it made ps3 look like shit. imo if most games don't run better then the console really doesn't deserve to be called more powerful.

I mean, that's not really true. When games were designed for PS3 first, then ported to 360, performance drastically improved. The 360 to PS3 ports were awful. I remember Oblivion being delayed like 9 months because they wanted to get it working properly.

even when games were lead on ps3, 360 games till were on par or sometimes better like DMC4, and metal gear rising, along with dead space.what does that tell you? 360 was better designed hardware, and came out a year earlier.