By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2017 NPD Thread! Switch 1.5m, XBO 1.365m, PS4 1.08m, Xenoblade 280k

hunter_alien said:
OTBWY said:
There will be spin as soon as we hear "world wide".

Anyway, great news for the new systems. The Switch is probably already over WiiU LT?

Literally nobody spun this in any direction, yet you still stand here with your fanboy paranoia as allways.

Yeah, comments like OTBWY's only encourages negative responses. On the whole, Xbox and PS fans do not have any issues with Nintendo so what is the point with these types of comments.

Around the Network

I'd love to hear world wide sales for December. US sales are interesting of course but it's only partial sales and it does only show one side of the story.

So, how many months the Switch won in 2017 ?

Acevil said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Why would anyone spin? Switch won, its a great system with some great games last year.

You weren't around for November, couple of users were already jumping on the doom train for switch. We even had a thread posted in reaction where someone claimed it wouldn't outsell the GameCube.

Those sorts of prediction were the norm back in Q1 2017... in Q4 that's just outlandish :)

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:
Acevil said:

You weren't around for November, couple of users were already jumping on the doom train for switch. We even had a thread posted in reaction where someone claimed it wouldn't outsell the GameCube.

Those sorts of prediction were the norm back in Q1 2017... in Q4 that's just outlandish :)

People did get crazy. Even a lot of Nintendo fans predicted doom. 

I think I was the only one after the reveal that predicted a Wii like success. It just seemed obvious. 

Around the Network

Congrats to ninty and ms for doing better than sony in the U.S. in December.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
I'd love to hear world wide sales for December. US sales are interesting of course but it's only partial sales and it does only show one side of the story.

Sony reported 70.6m sold WW as of Dec 3, 2017 and 73.6m sold as of Dec 31, 2017. That puts it about ~3 million.

NPD has Switch at 1.5m along with Media Create at 900k. Others (Europe/Australia/etc) has been right in between Americas & Japan all year so should be 1+ million.

NPD has 3DS at 750k and Media Create has it at 250k. Applying the same logic as Switch for Others puts WW around 1.5m.

XBO is a bit harder to determine but it did 1.365m in the US and typically US makes up roughly 60% of XBO sales so that would put WW around 2.3 million.

WW Dec estimates

NSW-~3.5 million

PS4-~3.0 million

XBO-~2.3 million

3DS-~1.5 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Great numbers all around.

hunter_alien said:
OTBWY said:
There will be spin as soon as we hear "world wide".

Anyway, great news for the new systems. The Switch is probably already over WiiU LT?

Literally nobody spun this in any direction, yet you still stand here with your fanboy paranoia as allways.

OT: Absolutly stellar numbers for... the 3DS. I was certain it will do sub 400k numbers this december, yet it blew away everyone's expectation. Switch and Xone performed very well, while Sony decided to take the profit route, and came in below expectations (I was expecting 1.2 milion+ for that).

I am curious to see how all 3 will hold up in the first 3 months. Can Sony maintain the statu of Q1 king? Will Nintendo steal it's thunder? Will MS make an amazing comebackand surprise everyone? Stay tuned.

And you chose to get offended by it. I wasn't even necessarily talking about this thread, as I have seen it being said pretty much everywhere else. Talk about paranoid.

zorg1000 said:

WW Dec estimates

NSW-~3.5 million

PS4-~3.0 million

XBO-~2.3 million

3DS-~1.5 million

I'm not fully convinced by your estimates. the PS4 has constantly been at the top of the VG Chart worldwide during December so if you had both Switch and PS4 selling the same in December in your estimates I would say, maybe but the Switch completely outselling the PS4 worldwide? I am not so sure.