By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition announced! Everything up until now included plus new dungeon. 19.99 upgrade for previous owners.

Bristow9091 said:
Nozz-A-La said:

Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition includes:

...

All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.

Yeah but that says Royal "Edition", not Royal "Pack" which is sold separately, and considering it's the same price as the season pass, I sort of have trouble believing it'd contain that too. 

The way I read it is that for $50 you're getting the game, the season pass, and the royal pack, the season pass and royal pack are $20 each, and the standalone game can easily be found for $10-20. 

Everything for the Season Pass is already out, and this has all of it in it.

Or do you mean for people who already own the game, if they pay the 20 dollars what it is that they get?



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
Nem said:
Is fun included? Because it wasn't with the original release and since they didn't change the combat system and the suspence of disbelief sandbox...yeah... no.

Heck knowing what i do i wouldn't even buy it for 20€, though it does sound like a good deal for the unexpecting.

I mean, I thought it was probably the most fun I've had with a game for awhile. First game I've platinumed in years. But opinions and whatnot.



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
Bristow9091 said:

Yeah but that says Royal "Edition", not Royal "Pack" which is sold separately, and considering it's the same price as the season pass, I sort of have trouble believing it'd contain that too. 

The way I read it is that for $50 you're getting the game, the season pass, and the royal pack, the season pass and royal pack are $20 each, and the standalone game can easily be found for $10-20. 

Everything for the Season Pass is already out, and this has all of it in it.

Or do you mean for people who already own the game, if they pay the 20 dollars what it is that they get?

Yeah that's what I mean lol, if I already own the game, but not the season pass, what would the $19.99 Royal Pack get me? I can't see it including the season pass too for that price, lol.



Eh. Maybe if it drops down to $20. I'm pretty much over Final Fantasy.



Bristow9091 said:
epicurean said:

Everything for the Season Pass is already out, and this has all of it in it.

Or do you mean for people who already own the game, if they pay the 20 dollars what it is that they get?

Yeah that's what I mean lol, if I already own the game, but not the season pass, what would the $19.99 Royal Pack get me? I can't see it including the season pass too for that price, lol.

That makes sense and is a good question. They might include it all now since it's been available for so long, and would actually make more sense for the 20 dollar price tag. I already own the season pass so I think its way too expensive for what I'd get!



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

I'm buying this as soon as I find it for 25 euro on psn.



Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

epicurean said:
Bristow9091 said:

Yeah that's what I mean lol, if I already own the game, but not the season pass, what would the $19.99 Royal Pack get me? I can't see it including the season pass too for that price, lol.

That makes sense and is a good question. They might include it all now since it's been available for so long, and would actually make more sense for the 20 dollar price tag. I already own the season pass so I think its way too expensive for what I'd get!

Yeah, if it comes with the season pass too then it'll be a great deal, although if it only comes with the other stuff, I think I'll be waiting for a sale or something. 



Bristow9091 said:
epicurean said:

Everything for the Season Pass is already out, and this has all of it in it.

Or do you mean for people who already own the game, if they pay the 20 dollars what it is that they get?

Yeah that's what I mean lol, if I already own the game, but not the season pass, what would the $19.99 Royal Pack get me? I can't see it including the season pass too for that price, lol.

The price of the original Season Pass will probably either be adjusted down, or replaced by the Royal Pack once this version hits the store.

Like how this game retails for $50, even though it contains the full game + the season pass and more, it seems reasonable that there will be a digital upgrade around the same price as the original Season Pass, that offers more.
And by keeping it at $20 they can even entice some people who already bought the original Season Pass.

Last edited by Hiku - on 16 January 2018

Hiku said:
Bristow9091 said:

Yeah that's what I mean lol, if I already own the game, but not the season pass, what would the $19.99 Royal Pack get me? I can't see it including the season pass too for that price, lol.

The price of the original Season Pass will probably either be adjusted down, or replaced by the Royal Pack once this version hits the store.

Like how this game retails for $50, even though it contains the full game + the season pass and more, it seems reasonable that there will be a digital upgrade around the same price as the original Season Pass, that offers more.
And by keeping it at $20 they can even entice some people who already bought the original Season Pass.

Yeah that'd be really nice, not sure how Square Enix are with these things, I mean, if it were EA or Activision you can bet that'd never happen, lol. 



Is this the MMORPG?



I LOVE ICELAND!