By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition announced! Everything up until now included plus new dungeon. 19.99 upgrade for previous owners.

I figured they'd release something like this so I held off buying the game.
I'll pick this one up. Sounds like a much improved game over the original. Now you can control all party members and fully control the Regalia car, etc.

Nautilus said:
"Now pay an extra 50 dollars for the actual full game!"

"Square Enix also announced that current owners of Final Fantasy XV will get to upgrade to the Final Fantasy XV: Royal Pack for $19.99."

Last edited by Hiku - on 16 January 2018

Around the Network

Sounds like a wait for the Steam sale for me.

Does the Royal Pack on its own come with the season pass? If so that'd be great since I don't own it yet, lol. I'm gonna' assume not and it'll come with everything except it... either way I'm getting it, so yeah.

Will be half price on a psn sale during the summer. This should sell decently. No switch version announced. Doesn't look like it's going to get it anytime soon if ever.

Hiku said:

I'll pick this one up. Sounds like a much improved game over the original. Now you can control all party members and fully control the Regalia car, etc.

Nautilus said:
"Now pay an extra 50 dollars for the actual full game!"

"Square Enix also announced that current owners of Final Fantasy XV will get to upgrade to the Final Fantasy XV: Royal Pack for $19.99."

"Now pay an extra 20 dollars for the actual full game if you only have the vanilla version!"

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Does the Royal Pack on its own come with the season pass? If so that'd be great since I don't own it yet, lol. I'm gonna' assume not and it'll come with everything except it... either way I'm getting it, so yeah.

Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition includes:

All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.

Nautilus said:
Hiku said:

"Now pay an extra 20 dollars for the actual full game if you only have the vanilla version!"

Nozz-A-La said:
Bristow9091 said:

Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition includes:

All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.

Yeah but that says Royal "Edition", not Royal "Pack" which is sold separately, and considering it's the same price as the season pass, I sort of have trouble believing it'd contain that too. 

The way I read it is that for $50 you're getting the game, the season pass, and the royal pack, the season pass and royal pack are $20 each, and the standalone game can easily be found for $10-20. 

feel sorry for those that just bought the season pass.

Is fun included? Because it wasn't with the original release and since they didn't change the combat system and the suspence of disbelief sandbox...yeah... no.

Heck knowing what i do i wouldn't even buy it for 20€, though it does sound like a good deal for the unexpecting.