By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: New 2D Metroid in the works

Snoorlax said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, reavile of 2D Metroid made huge hype, also game sold solid especially because we talking about remaster.

It did generate some hype, last i checked the reveal has over 2M views on YouTube so fans were aware of it's existence yet the game sold like shit. I don't care if it's a remake it should have sold much better on a 70m+ user base handheld especially after the Fed Force drama. 

Can you explain why all 3ds games last year sold bad including Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon and Fire Emblem Echoes Shadow of Valentia even in Japan? 

Around the Network

I hope it’s true!!

Miyamotoo said:
mZuzek said:

Huge hype?

Yeah, reavile of 2D Metroid made huge hype, also game sold solid especially because we talking about remaster.

Huge Hype for a small group maybe. But remaster or not, that it was the first metroid game in 7 years, it's sales were not solid imo. The wait alone should have pushed sales.

After no releases for 7 years metroid fans should have been all over it, I guess there isn't many of them.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Huge Hype for a small group maybe. But remaster or not, that it was the first metroid game in 7 years, it's sales were not solid imo. The wait alone should have pushed sales.

After no releases for 7 years metroid fans should have been all over it, I guess there isn't many of them.

Fact is that there was hybe about announcements of this game, on other hand this is Remake of 2D Metroid on platform in decline. Its small and cheap project, we talking about 2D platformer on 3DS, this game will be 500k+ at end thats good for this type of game, it sold OK for what is and I am pretty sure Nintendo is satisfied with sales and made solid profit.

Metroid fans will probably be all over it for Metroid Prime 4, but fact is that Metroid dont have huge fan base in any case.

Snoorlax said:
Hopefully it's true and hopefully it turns out to be Metroid 5 given how terrible SR has sold you really don't know what to expect from Metroid.

Metroid 5 would be another day 1 purchase for me.

It sold decently.VGC shows the game to have sold around 400k at the end of november, and LT sales with digital should be around 550 and 600k.Im here assuming that Nintendo planned the budget so that sales betwenn 300 to 400k would be enough to break even.

I think that a port of Samus Returns to the Switch would make perfect sense(and release this year).It would make me buy the game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

There are many of them the problem is all they do is talk a lot of shit, constantly trash Nintendo and other Metroid fans who have a different opinion and don't actually buy the games. As you've probably noticed they always have a good reason to excuse the low sales instead of encouraging others to buy the games.

Look at the sales of Prime Trilogy it says enough, what's the reason it didn't do well? Oh, probably because it's a compilation of three of the best games ever... is what the typical Metroid fan would tell you.

Snoorlax said:
Barkley said:

There are many of them the problem is all they do is talk a lot of shit, constantly trash Nintendo and other Metroid fans who have a different opinion and don't actually buy the games. As you've probably noticed they always have a good reason to excuse the low sales instead of encouraging others to buy the games.

Look at the sales of Prime Trilogy it says enough, what's the reason it didn't do well? Oh, probably because it's a compilation of three of the best games ever... is what the typical Metroid fan would tell you.

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t own any nintendo consoles atm, but an innovative metroid game for me is a system seller.

Miyamotoo said:

2D game on 3DS cant be AAA title, you sound like you talking about Metroid Prime 4 on Switch, lol.

Yeah 2D platformers like New Super mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country and Kirby are indie titles and weren't succesful at all right?

hopefully on switch I skipped samus returns despite having 4 3ds in my house cuz i rather it on the switch(eshop atleast)

Platina said:
Metroidvania isn't really my type of genre, but would be neat to see the series continue

You mean Metroid.

Metroidvania are the Castlevania games that copied the Metroid formula.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.