By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: New 2D Metroid in the works

mZuzek said:
Miyamotoo said:
Well thats expected after huge hype of 3DS 2D Metroid.

Huge hype?

Yeah, reavile of 2D Metroid made huge hype, also game sold solid especially because we talking about remaster.

Around the Network

I'd love for this to be the case, especially since Sakamoto said he wasn't particularly interested in creating additional remakes. However...I'll keep hopes low until proven otherwise.

Miyamotoo said:
mZuzek said:

Huge hype?

Yeah, reavile of 2D Metroid made huge hype, also game sold solid especially because we talking about remaster.

It did generate some hype, last i checked the reveal has over 2M views on YouTube so fans were aware of it's existence yet the game sold like shit. I don't care if it's a remake it should have sold much better on a 70m+ user base handheld especially after the Fed Force drama. 

Meh... Samus Returns was ok, I wouldn't call it excellent.

Still it would be great if true.

Snoorlax said:
Miyamotoo said:

It did generate some hype, last i checked the reveal has over 2M views on YouTube so fans were aware of it's existence yet the game sold like shit. I don't care if it's a remake it should have sold much better on a 70m+ user base handheld especially after the Fed Force drama. 

It didn't sold like shit, it sold OK for what is, Metroid was never really very popular (its very hard core game), and we here talking about 2D temaster game. I am pretty sure Nintendo is satisfied with sales and made solid profit.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Snoorlax said:

It didn't sold like shit, it sold OK for what is, Metroid was never really very popular (its very hard core game), and we here talking about 2D temaster game. I am pretty sure Nintendo is satisfied with sales and made solid profit.

No it did not do well, currently it still hasn't reached 500k in sales and do I need to remind you that it's not a remaster but a remake on top of that it's essentially an entirely new game and even if it was just a remaster it doesn't make it a cheap project by any means, this is supposed to be a triple A title not some indie game.

Metroid never was a cash cow but that still doesn't excuse the terrible sales figures for a 3DS game fans "have been waiting for" we are lucky Sakamoto hasn't giving up on 2D Metroid because Nintendo sure doesn't give a crap about it. I'll say it again Samus Returns sold bad stop using the same old excuses and buy the damn game.

If its a remake of SM coming for the id buy.

Hunting Season is done...

A new game, not a remake or remaster? That would be awesome. Make it happen, Nintendo.

Snoorlax said:
Miyamotoo said:

No it did not do well, currently it still hasn't reached 500k in sales and do I need to remind you that it's not a remaster but a remake on top of that it's essentially an entirely new game and even if it was just a remaster it doesn't make it a cheap project by any means, this is supposed to be a triple A title not some indie game.

Metroid never was a cash cow but that still doesn't excuse the terrible sales figures for a 3DS game fans "have been waiting for" we are lucky Sakamoto hasn't giving up on 2D Metroid because Nintendo sure doesn't give a crap about it. I'll say it again Samus Returns sold bad stop using the same old excuses and buy the damn game.

Game will definitely pass 500k+, even if its remake it still small and cheap project, we talking about 2D platformer on 3DS. 2D game on 3DS cant be AAA title, you sound like you talking about Metroid Prime 4 on Switch, lol.

I totally disagree that has terrible sales figures, it sold OK for what is and I am pretty sure Nintendo is satisfied with sales and made solid profit.

Zoombael said:
If its a remake of SM coming for the id buy.

That sounds like a loss no matter what for them, the game would be heavily scrutinized.