By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and Yoshi's lack of combat in the Console Wars

Because people don't buy Nintendo consoles for Kirby or Yoshi.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If the challenge is finding a challenge within a game, said game is not challenging.

You're omitting my point. The story mode is always there to be accessible to any demographic. Once you get the hang of it, the games give you a legit challenge to overcome that no casual would be able to complete if they never "git gud" at the game.

Problem is that you see everything on the surface level, nothing I can do about it,sorry.

Ninja Gaiden on NES is a game for people with skill. Kirby on NES is for people that lack it. One game is challenging. One game is not. It's pretty black and white.

Arguing that an easy-as-shit game is challenging because the developers tacked on an extra mode as an afterthought is pretty weak at best my friend.

Kirby and yoshi games are so good that everyone else takes them out of comparisons to make it fair.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Mar1217 said:

You're omitting my point. The story mode is always there to be accessible to any demographic. Once you get the hang of it, the games give you a legit challenge to overcome that no casual would be able to complete if they never "git gud" at the game.

Problem is that you see everything on the surface level, nothing I can do about it,sorry.

Ninja Gaiden on NES is a game for people with skill. Kirby on NES is for people that lack it. One game is challenging. One game is not. It's pretty black and white.

Arguing that an easy-as-shit game is challenging because the developers tacked on an extra mode as an afterthought is pretty weak at best my friend.

Sonic is also easy as shit. I guess Kirby is the game for you.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Not every first party game need to be system sellers, those two are good exclusives for those who already own the console or will own in the near future,not meant to convince those on a fence to buy the system. Even tho Kirby is beloved enough to help to influence the decision of a few.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Kirby and Yoshi are generally solid games that can be trusted to be fun to play, but they're rarely genuine masterpieces or system sellers like Mario or Zelda for example. They also don't usually seem to generate all that much hype from people who aren't already fans of their respective series. Might just be people overlooking or forgetting them as a result.

After reading all of this about Kirby and Yoshi not being system sellers but people bring in Detroit as an argument ? This game is not more of a system seller than Kirby.
Actually, not much games coming for PS4 could be considered system sellers. The only ones that could are the obvious The Last Of Us 2 and God of War. Besides that, no one will buy the console just for one of the upcoming game. Well you could say Red Dead Redemption but that isn't an exclusive.
Also, if Pokemon Switch comes out next year then Nintendo wins, plain and simple. Pokemon is more of a system seller than ANY game, literally, ANY game.

Darashiva said:
Kirby and Yoshi are generally solid games that can be trusted to be fun to play, but they're rarely genuine masterpieces or system sellers like Mario or Zelda for example. They also don't usually seem to generate all that much hype from people who aren't already fans of their respective series. Might just be people overlooking or forgetting them as a result.

I think that there are people outside of the established fanbase that might see these games and get excited, but those people just may not be on forums like these.

Jumpin said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Sonic is also easy as shit. I guess Kirby is the game for you.

Sonic 1 has limited lives and continues and no battery back-up. You run out, it's game over. Kirby on NES with its health bar, unlimited retries and battery save, is a cake walk compared to that.  

Last edited by AlfredoTurkey - on 15 January 2018

You should just ask them. We can only speculate and assume, they are the only ones who can know why they said what they said.