By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is there any game that sells better on Xbox One than PS4?

derpysquirtle64 said:
Barkley said:

Where are you getting that?

VGC has attach rates at PS4 - 6.35, XBO - 6.08

But consoles with lower install bases do tend to skew towards higher attach rates as the fewer that adopt the console the more likely they are more serious gamers.

From official figures (73.6m consoles, 645m software including digital) the attach rate is 8.76 for ps4 currently.

I think that attach ratio is pretty much the same for both consoles. Xbox One has higher digital sales percentage than PS4 so in the end attach ratio should be equal. 

Not saying you're wrong but where did you get that info from? 

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
DonFerrari said:

That shows how much the exclusivity deal costed the franchise... one that at 5M on the last entry wasn't breaking even.

It must not have been that extreme if they're making a sequel.

MS paid a lot for the timed exclusive so it already covers part of the cost, and I doubt the sequel will go exclusive to Xbox.

Also as pointed by others, it sold good on PC and if using same engine the cost is lower for the sequel.

And as final point I was just showing how much the sales dropped with the exclusivity.

Seventizz said:
Per capita, Xbox owners buy more games for their console and while there may almost be double the amount of ps4 hardware on the market, non marketing western multiplats simply don't sell double on the ps4. That's a fact.

It is usual for smaller userbases to have higher attach ratio, even if it isn't what VGC numbers show.

And of course games that are USA-centric should be almost 1:1 in sales since the difference in numbers on USA is minimal.

SWORDF1SH said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I think that attach ratio is pretty much the same for both consoles. Xbox One has higher digital sales percentage than PS4 so in the end attach ratio should be equal. 

Not saying you're wrong but where did you get that info from? 

From the people that swear Halo 5 had over 50% digital attach ratio.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Someone's probably already said this, but at least in the US there are quite a few games that have sold better on Xbox One.

-Assassin's Creed Unity
-Fallout 4
-Rocket League
-Battlefield 1
-COD Advanced Warfare
-COD Ghosts
-Minecraft
-Assassin's Creed 4
-Rainbow Six Siege
-Elder Scrolls Online

There are probably more, but I'm kinda tired.

I can't find any conspicuous global examples, though. The PS4 to Xbone owner ratio is like 2:1, so it's not a surprise that I'm having trouble here, whereas the US market alone is just about in PS4's favor, so the Xbox One can do better with certain games.

friendlyfamine said:
Someone's probably already said this, but at least in the US there are quite a few games that have sold better on Xbox One.

-Assassin's Creed Unity
-Fallout 4
-Rocket League
-Battlefield 1
-COD Advanced Warfare
-COD Ghosts
-Minecraft
-Assassin's Creed 4
-Rainbow Six Siege
-Elder Scrolls Online

I can't find any conspicuous global examples, though. The PS4 to Xbone owner ratio is like 2:1, so it's not a surprise that I'm having trouble here, whereas the US market alone is just about in PS4's favor, so the Xbox One can do better with certain games.

Nobody named any of these. Thanks, man! I didn't know of a single example.

I'm sure Forza 7, Cuphead or even Recore sold way better on Xbox than on PS4. We Playstation fans must admit when we are defeated and those games sales on PS4 could not rival with what they sold on Xbox

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I'm sure Forza 7, Cuphead or even Recore sold way better on Xbox than on PS4. We Playstation fans must admit when we are defeated and those games sales on PS4 could not rival with what they sold on Xbox

Third time I've seen this joke. Read the God damn OP!!!   

friendlyfamine said:

-Assassin's Creed Unity
-Fallout 4
-Rocket League
-Battlefield 1
-COD Advanced Warfare
-COD Ghosts
-Minecraft
-Assassin's Creed 4
-Rainbow Six Siege
-Elder Scrolls Online

Most of the games of the list sold better on Xbox one because they were bundled with the console.

Just Dance games sold better on Xbox One for the Kinect, and the Garden Warfare could be overtracked on xbox one or Undertracked on Ps4.