By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is there any game that sells better on Xbox One than PS4?

CGI-Quality said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
Rise of the tomb raider sold alot more on xbox one that ps4. Is probably the best aaa release example

Hmmm... According to our data, it didn't.

PS4 - 1.74m

X1 - 1.57m

That shows how much the exclusivity deal costed the franchise... one that at 5M on the last entry wasn't breaking even.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Intrinsic said:

womt that mean like over 30% of xb1 gamers buy a game?

I guess that would be a tall order. Halo 2 did achieve 26% on the OG Xbox.

Halo 3 at launch managed much more... When you look at First month sales and the installed base it was insane attach ratio.

X360 was at under 12M LTD, with Halo3 launching 3,8M FW, 2 weeks later it was crossing 5M on this 12M userbase... so over 40% attach ratio at launch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Went to check ROTR immediately but as others have posted it sold more on PS4.

So if even a 1 year timed exclusive doesn't do it... cases of it happening will be very far and few between.

DonFerrari said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmm... According to our data, it didn't.

PS4 - 1.74m

X1 - 1.57m

That shows how much the exclusivity deal costed the franchise... one that at 5M on the last entry wasn't breaking even.

It must not have been that extreme if they're making a sequel.

Per capita, Xbox owners buy more games for their console and while there may almost be double the amount of ps4 hardware on the market, non marketing western multiplats simply don't sell double on the ps4. That's a fact.

Around the Network
Seventizz said:
Per capita, Xbox owners buy more games for their console and while there may almost be double the amount of ps4 hardware on the market, non marketing western multiplats simply don't sell double on the ps4. That's a fact.

That's the main problem with Xbox owners though. It's nice that they buy tons of games, but they buy the same types of games. That is why Microsoft is having trouble with exclusives. Did you see how bad Halo Wars 2 sold ? I personally have both consoles but i buy my multiplats for PS4 because i prefer it over the Xbox One. I use my Xbox One mainly to play exclusive games like Halo and Gears of War but the lack of exclusives on Xbox One made me stop using my Xbox for quite a long time before i came back to it. Sure you can say it's Microsoft's fault for not giving us new exclusives but part of the reason they don't is this playerbase of casuals (Yes if you play only 1-2 types of games you're a casual, no matter how much you play them, real gamers play multiple genres).

Seventizz said:

Where are you getting that?

VGC has attach rates at PS4 - 6.35, XBO - 6.08

But consoles with lower install bases do tend to skew towards higher attach rates as the fewer that adopt the console the more likely they are more serious gamers.

From official figures (73.6m consoles, 645m software including digital) the attach rate is 8.76 for ps4 currently.

Barkley said:
Seventizz said:

Where are you getting that?

VGC has attach rates at PS4 - 6.35, XBO - 6.08

But consoles with lower install bases do tend to skew towards higher attach rates as the fewer that adopt the console the more likely they are more serious gamers.

From official figures (73.6m consoles, 645m software including digital) the attach rate is 8.76 for ps4 currently.

I think that attach ratio is pretty much the same for both consoles. Xbox One has higher digital sales percentage than PS4 so in the end attach ratio should be equal. 

Just Dance games sold better on Xbox because of Kinect probably.

VGPolyglot said:
DonFerrari said:

It must not have been that extreme if they're making a sequel.

Well the cost must have gone down after they developed the tech for the first game.
Economies of scale.

Also the games have done pretty well on PC.