By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby: Star Allies has received visual upgrades compared to the previous trailers

Expected, Nintendo usually does visual upgrades until the release date of your games.

Old Visuals:

New Visuals:

Kirby: Star Allies is set to release Worldwide on March 16th. 

Source

Last edited by Shikamo - on 12 January 2018

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Nice upgrade but I'd rather have a true 2d kirby. 2.5d feels slow.

Yeah, it looks pretty good. Can't wait to play it! Kirby games are always pretty solid.

2018 GOTY just keeps looking better.

dem Waddle Dees with the lightning effect.

Yeah, I thought so as well. Looks like maybe the resolution was increased, and they got a new lighting engine or something. That one castle area screenshot specifically, looks freaking amazing for a Kirby game. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 12 January 2018

Around the Network

Kirby Superstar on SNES was one example of where I really appreciated a graphical upgrade. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with Kirby’s Dreamland 3 looking like a 1991/92 game in 1997.

Speaking of Kirby games with interesting graphics, I hope to see Epic Yarn or (better yet) Epic Yarn 2 on the Switch. I would buy it Day 1, even though ugh I already own the Wii title.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Meh, I prefer the first version. The colours were softer.

I sort of prefer the more pastell look the game had before. Appreciate what looks like a resolution bump though.

Mar1217 said:
Man, I think we thought to make this thread at the same time XD Congrats to finish it before me :P

Too Slow :P

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Nice. Can't wait.