By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch > XB1 > PS4 During December In US - Greenberg (Confirmed, read OP)

Azzanation said:
exclusive_console said:

Xbox has not won an NPD this year. In fact I think since Sept 2016. They are competitive in Nov-Dec but WW PS4 and Switch are outselling it by huge margin. They both will sell more than 2x of Xbox this year.

That doesnt anwser the question that a console *with no games* VG community, is selling well. 

I think is absolutel funny. 

Is it selling well in Europe and Japan? That’s your answer. Xbox only competes in UK and US.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Good news for Xbox? This thread will be closed soon.
Someone explain to me how a console with no games or 1st party titles sells like this? Atleast thats what iv been told by other VG Users.

Being sold for $189 all December while Sony allowed the PS4 to return to its MSRP would do the trick. Not to mention, the 1TB PS4 was out of stock before it even hit Cyber Monday and its deals for December were actually worse than last December's.

CosmicSex said:
Aaron:

We are #2 so WE WON!

That's not what Greenberg said at all.

palou said:
Okay, did ANYONE predict that correctly?

LOL, I don't think so.

The end of playstation(?)

Ot: Congrats to switch, I think it will continue this trend at least for 2 years

Around the Network

CosmicSex said:
BTW: Who can explain his initial comment to them winning second place? What was he referring to? Does he not consider Switch a part of this gen? Or a console?

Thinking about it more, if he was talking about units sold for all 3, why separate them? Why specify gens when it would change nothing? Why use the term units when going on to talk about the Switch, if he was already talking about units sold? Why not just first tweet that they are #1 for Gen 8, then? Or home consoles? The thing I keep thinking is he is talking about revenue for Gen 8, but then switches to units for Switch. 

CosmicSex said:
BTW: Who can explain his initial comment to them winning second place? What was he referring to? Does he not consider Switch a part of this gen? Or a console?

He probably sees Switch as a 9th gen console.

CosmicSex said:

He is not counting it as an 8th gen console.  That is the only way his previous tweet about market share would make sense.

thismeintiel said:

CosmicSex said:

Thinking about it more, if he was talking about units sold for all 3, why separate them? Why specify gens when it would change nothing? Why use the term units when going on to talk about the Switch, if he was already talking about units sold? Why not just first tweet that they are #1 for Gen 8, then? Or home consoles? The thing I keep thinking is he is talking about revenue for Gen 8, but then switches to units for Switch. 

Wouldn't make much sense to talk about revenue then units. The Xbox slim was $189 for the whole month while PS4 slim was $250 so even with X it's possible Sony had more revenue. Also I think Switch probably had more revenue overall since it was $300. I think he's talking about units sold for the second tweet.

chakkra said:
CosmicSex said:

He is not counting it as an 8th gen console.  That is the only way his previous tweet about market share would make sense.

This has to be it.  Because in this tweet he refers to Gen 8 consoles?  So assuming that he meant that in his first tweet (which I know is an enormous assumption) then Switch must not be 8th gen to him.  If he did, there is no way to explain the first tweet.