By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch > XB1 > PS4 During December In US - Greenberg (Confirmed, read OP)

CosmicSex said:
jason1637 said:

Wouldn't make much sense to talk about revenue then units. The Xbox slim was $189 for the whole month while PS4 slim was $250 so even with X it's possible Sony had more revenue. Also I think Switch probably had more revenue overall since it was $300. I think he's talking about units sold for the second tweet.

He could be talking about revenue about all of it you know.  In fact that would explain both tweets and it would make our assumption about units sold inconclusive. 

Yea. The only thing we know for certain he was talking about units sold was the Switch. Again, it's just weird to separate them, then use the term units with the Switch if he was talking units sold to begin with. 

As for revenue, let's just say for arguments sake, the XBO did 1.3M and PS4 did 1.35M. Also, I'm pretty sure the XBO S went up to $199 after Cyber Monday. Anyway, 1.35M X $250 is $337.5M. Let's say X did 300K. That already puts XBO revenue to $150M. Then, when you add in 1M more of them at $200, you get a total of $350M. 

Around the Network

The global switch number went from 10.9 to 11.2 I see some adjustments are being made. Was it allowed for him to say the ranking? Why has Nintendo said nothing ??

Azzanation said:
Playstation_awaiter said:

Is it selling well in Europe and Japan? That’s your answer. Xbox only competes in UK and US.

Chevolets dont sell well in Japan or Europe either. Whats your point?

Aura7541 said:

Being sold for $189 all December while Sony allowed the PS4 to return to its MSRP would do the trick. Not to mention, the 1TB PS4 was out of stock before it even hit Cyber Monday and its deals for December were actually worse than last December's.

So in other words, exclusive dont sell consoles. Something iv been saying for years. Marketing and bundles etc do.

That’s the point, because Chevrolet doesn’t attract the Japanese audience it’s doing terrible there. Xbox mostly attracts the us audience and maybe Uk to a lesser extent. So it does terrible everywhere else. It’s pretty simple, PS4 is closing in on 75 million Xbox is probably 30-35 million. Huge difference. I’m confident if the numbers where reverse you and many people would be saying PS4 is doing terribly. 

I was completely wrong this month. Congrats to the Switch. Sony took a siesta on getting good deals out there in Dec.

trunkswd said:

Switch was adjusted up and PS4 adjusted down in North America with the new information released by Greenberg.

Thanks. So it may be overall December ww could be the nsw?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Aura7541 said:

Being sold for $189 all December while Sony allowed the PS4 to return to its MSRP would do the trick. Not to mention, the 1TB PS4 was out of stock before it even hit Cyber Monday and its deals for December were actually worse than last December's.

So in other words, exclusive dont sell consoles. Something iv been saying for years. Marketing and bundles etc do.

That was not what I said and not what the results suggest either. November and December are months where the majority of consumers are extremely price sensitive. Considering that the XB1S was cheaper than the PS4 by $50 for half a month and by $100 for roughly another half, well you do the math. In addition, last month's results do not detract from the fact that the XB1 was greatly underperforming relative to 2016 prior to November while it was the opposite for the PS4. IIRC, Mat Piscatella cited the XB1's lack of unique software for its underperformance during the non-holiday months, so exclusives do play a part in moving hardware.

LivingMetal said:
Azzanation said:

Yep. One single isolated month is proof versus the entire eighth generation of 4 + years. Nothing else matters. That's how it always worked.

:::sarcasm:::

Sony had the better marketing, price point and deals, Since E3 2013 Either way you look at it, you dont need exclusive games if you market your product better than your oppositions. PS4 has outsold X1 when they were down on games and X1 has outsold PS4 when they were down on games. Strange world we live in, isnt it. Hard truth is they both have games and the war on sales will continue to be on how they are presented.

Switch has the tinest library out if the big 3 and its the best selling. 

I can't point out much more obviousness < word i made up.

LivingMetal said:
Azzanation said:

Yep. One single isolated month is proof versus the entire eighth generation of 4 + years. Nothing else matters. That's how it always worked.

Well, to be fair, the X1 beat the Wii U during 8th gen.  That is something.

LivingMetal said:
Azzanation said:

Double Post

Last edited by Azzanation - on 11 January 2018

Azzanation said:
LivingMetal said:

Sony had the better marketing, price point and deals, Since E3 2013 Either way you look at it, you dont need exclusive games if you market your product better than your oppositions. PS4 has outsold X1 when they were down on games and X1 has outsold PS4 when they were down on games. Strange world we live in, isnt it. Hard truth is they both have games and the war on sales will continue to be on how they are presented.

Switch has the tinest library out if the big 3 and its the best selling. 

I can't point out much more obviousness < word i made up.

As an example, So why does Sony have all the Japanese fans if exclusives don’t matter? Price, Exclusives, marketing, bundles. They all sell consoles together.