By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo holding everything back for end of 2018 ??

KrspaceT said:
aikohualda said:

how do you say 2018 suffered...? as in as a past tense... we are still on 2018... actually first month of the year.... and you already decided it suffered?

And people say Nintendo fans are paranoid that the internet is out to get them

people say, people are reductive

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Well they've already announced Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon and Bayonetta 3. All they need to do is put a 2018 release date to one of them. Plus yes other stuff, we are only 11 days into 2018 people.

Fire Emblem Switch was slated for a planned release in 2018 in the 1.18.17 FE Direct. So unless Nintendo goes against their timelines which hasn't been strayed from so far, I expect it in 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq1Xzycyp2E   (6:30 in the Direct)

shoichi said:
Green098 said:
Well they've already announced Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon and Bayonetta 3. All they need to do is put a 2018 release date to one of them. Plus yes other stuff, we are only 11 days into 2018 people.

Fire Emblem Switch was slated for a planned release in 2018 in the 1.18.17 FE Direct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq1Xzycyp2E   (6:30 in the Direct)

Oh yeah oops. Oh well there you go I guess. But I don't think Fire Emblem is the big 2018 games Nintendo has in store.

I made a post about this, but it was closed because there were other post talking about the direct. If you look carefully besides Kirby, there were no Nintendo First party developed games, only third party.

TWEWY: Square

Hyrule warrior: Team Ninja

Mario Tennis: Camelot

YS VIII: NIS

Payday 2: Overkill/505

FE: EA

Donkey Kong TF: Because it is a port, i dont think Nintendo themselves are doing it

Dark Souls: Namco

Plus there is always a full Nintendo direct around 15 days after a direct mini. So who knows....

Nintendo didn't gave it all in 2017 y'all are crazy. There wasn't too much in 2017 either just that it was well executed.
There is so many studios that are working on games and so many Nintendo exclusives not coming yet. We only know the planning up to May, pretty sure the summer/Fall/holiday season is going to be big, mostly since they want to sell 20+ million consoles.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

Having only Kirby and Mario Tennis for the 6 first months is really poor, one of the first 6 months span you could imagine for a publisher like Nintendo.

Obviously, the end of the year  should be much stronger. Should we expect Bayonetta 3 , Pokemon,  Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4 , Fire Emblem and potentially unannounced games like  Animal crossing, Retro Studio games.....

The potential of end 2018 is enormous after they withdrew everything from the first 6 months.

No way all that is coming out within 6 months.

I think this bodes ill for Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon coming this year. I think the plan was to get Animal Crossing, Mario Maker, etc out earlier in the year but if they save these titles for the fall, it shows they need to fill in gaps. I’m worried we wont see either pokemon or Metroid till 2019

I think that expectations were way too high for this year Q1 and Q2 because 2017 was pretty insane and really hard to repeat. It's impossible to get a killer-app each month, so I'd be pretty amazed that the first half of the year will get a game like Fire Emblem, Smash Bros. etc. I expect a couple of killer apps in the last half of the year though.

I am prety sure Nintendo didn't announced all their games for 1st half of 2018. not to mention second half or end of 2018.

Perhaps Nintendo was hoping to give third parties the space to present their games in Q1 and Q2 2018. Unfortunately third parties were late to catch on the Switch hype and still haven't announced any new content for Switch (that I know of).