By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on the Switch's current 2018 Q1-Q2 lineup?

Ill just post again what I said in the other thread:

Nintendo went all in 2017, so much so that 2018 suffered as a result.That was necessary because Nintendo needed to prove that the Switch could be a success basically all on its own with the support of a few but great indie developers.Having that done, they are now relying more on third parties and Wii U ports to hold them over until their titles are ready and they can again release new games on a steady schedule.

So I would like more games that are new to me, as in I never played before.But its decent enough

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Looking good so far. :)

I just picked up a Switch last month so I'm still currently playing Zelda BotW.

I still have Mario+Rabbids, Golf Story, and Mario Odyssey to play as well.

Feb- I'm going to pick up Owlboy (didn't buy it on PC) and Bayonetta 2, which I'm very excited to play, I never picked up a Wii U so I will finally get to enjoy the sequel.

Mar- Kirby Star Allies, I'm a huge fan of Kirby, I've been a fan since the OG GB years, so I def. have this on my radar.

Spring- Mario Tennis Aces, I'm a sucker for Mario themed tennis games and I love that it's also including a Story Mode feature.

Release date for Icey?

A mini direct is usually followed a big direct so I wouldn't really see the lineup as compete until we see that. Anyway from my personal opinion I love it. I usually don't buy more than a game a month due to time reasons but this lineup is good. I was super late to the Wii U so I missed a lot of its titles. So I welcome our Wii U port overlords. Sales wise I don't think anything special was revealed but I liked it. To me that's almost all that matter

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Other thing I have just noticed:It seems that Camelot, as usual, is developing the Mario Tennis game.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!I want them to make a new Golden Sun DAMMIT!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network

disappointed.... nothing much interest me to be honest

Pretty sure there is a major direct on the way. 1 which will solve the "6 new Switch SKU's on Amazon" puzzle and also Kimishima's comments on new ways to play.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Nautilus said:

Nintendo went all in 2017, so much so that 2018 suffered as a result. That was necessary because Nintendo needed to prove that the Switch could be a success basically all on its own with the support of a few but great indie developers.Having that done, they are now relying more on third parties and Wii U ports to hold them over until their titles are ready and they can again release new games on a steady schedule.

So I would like more games that are new to me, as in I never played before.But its decent enough

Well dont pretend like we know hole 1H 2018. Switch lineup, not to mention hole 2018. lineup. We will most likly have more announcements for 1H 2018, this was Mini Direct with reason, Nintendo didnt had big announcements here, we will most likely have another Direct in around March same like last year.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Lots of ports to buy this year. Tropical Freeze, DragonQuest Builders 2, Ys VIII, Bayonetta 2, Dark Souls. 

Slarvax said:
Looks like Nintendo has nothing planned for 2018, as we thought. Now where's that cliff?

Yeah that Direct was weak. Nothing but small potatoes. For last year's first Switch Direct they announced games going all the way into the second half of 2017 like Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade 2. Either Nintendo wasn't planning on any big announcements or Nintendo is in for a bad year. And Nintendo can't handle a bad year. It'll kill momentum for the Switch and then that's the end of their company. 

Well this was Mini Direct, for big announcement we will wait for next regular Direct, probably around March and after that E3 offocurse.

Miyamotoo said:
Nautilus said:

Nintendo went all in 2017, so much so that 2018 suffered as a result. That was necessary because Nintendo needed to prove that the Switch could be a success basically all on its own with the support of a few but great indie developers.Having that done, they are now relying more on third parties and Wii U ports to hold them over until their titles are ready and they can again release new games on a steady schedule.

Well dont pretend like we know hole 1H 2018. Switch lineup, not to mention hole 2018. lineup. We will most likly have more announcements for 1H 2018, this was Mini Direct with reason, Nintendo didnt had big announcements here, we will most likely have another Direct in around March same like last year.

We are not getting anything more for first quarter from Nintendo.Second quarter is a possibility, but the most I expect from Nintendo is FE, and from exclusives maybe Octopath Traveler(that would be quite awesome and enough to make that quarter great though).Other second party exclusives are possible, Ill admit it.

But my point is, Nintendo dosent need nor can keep up with the awesomeness that 2017 was.That was the year that Nintendo had to prove a point and they did that.Not even Nintendo can keep that pipeline of masterpieces going forever, so the beginning of 2018 will suffer a bit for it and thats totally fine.

The second half of the year is a totally different story and Im eager to know more.

Thats just a horrible lineup. The only new game is mario tennis. All other games..I could have already played them if I would be interested in them. Nintendo is definitly wasting way to many ressources on ports