By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - France:: Switch Smashes Expectations! 911k in 2017 (500k+ for SMO/MK8D and BotW Switch 410k) and More info...

Nice numbers

One a side note anyone on here know how it is doing in Australia/NZ? I know it had a bigger launch than Wii but since then there is stock on shelves so hard to tell what we are selling

Around the Network

3DS 5.4m as of December 2017...
Nous sommes également le premier vendeur de consoles en France en cumulé avec la 3DS qui fait 507 000 unités. La 3DS continue de progresser en base installée. Elle a vendu quasiment 3 millions de jeux sur 2017. Elle a atteint un plateau extrêmement significatif.

Elle n'est donc pas cannibalisée par la Switch…
Ce n'est pas le cas. Ce n'est pas le même public, ce ne sont pas les mêmes jeux. Pokémon était disponible en 2017 sur 3DS uniquement. Nous avons 5,4 millions de 3DS en base installée en France. C'est la plus grande ludothèque disponible. À date, c'est le plus gros catalogue de jeux.

https://www.lesnumeriques.com/loisirs/switch-retrogaming-super-mario-zelda-l-incroyable-come-back-nintendo-a3491.html

How did it sell 507k in the whole 2017, if it was at 4.765m as of March 2017, then that 507k might be 607k and pertains to Apr-Dec not whole 2017.

Last edited by tak13 - on 11 January 2018

Finale said:
My friend always said that france is an open country when it comes to japanese culture.They are way more into it than america and for sure the UK.

Indeed, as a slightly related fun fact France is the 2nd biggest country for selling manga!

A bit more on-topic though, really excellent numbers across the board, and i hope they can keep this momentum going forward.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

SuperNova said:

So. since we have two of these threads, I will recyle my comment:

Wow. They were expecting 800k+, so they've outdone their forecast by about 100k for this year.
Also pleased to see that Mario+Rabbits did well in France!

I wonder if we get an announcement for germany next.

Edit: Also the Switch is about to overtake the Xbox ones LT already?

No, numbers are from march. X1x isnt counted but switch will outsell it either holiday or h1 of 2019

zippy said:
FAKE!!! Switch doesn't sell well in Europe and isn't allowed to. UK sales are representative of EU sales. Don't you know that T-Bone :)

Of course, for the ones that want to hide fra/ger numbers :p

VGChartz might be under tracking Switch sales a bit in France then, as of December 16th Switch sales in France are at 510,369. Either that or Switch is going to have huge last holiday week sales numbers.

Anyways nice to see such strong success of a Nintendo console in Europe.

Last edited by Green098 - on 11 January 2018

Around the Network

Ridiculously good numbers. Now I want to know the numbers for each of the european numbers.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Finale said:
My friend always said that france is an open country when it comes to japanese culture.They are way more into it than america and for sure the UK.

I do know that lots of Kpop (korean singers) do lots of concerts there compared to UK or other Eu countries. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

b00moscone said:
Finale said:

Indeed, as a slightly related fun fact France is the 2nd biggest country for selling manga!

A bit more on-topic though, really excellent numbers across the board, and i hope they can keep this momentum going forward.

These people have good taste i see :)

Green098 said:

VGChartz might be under tracking Switch sales a bit in France then, as of December 16th Switch sales in France are at 510,369. Either that or Switch is going to have huge last holiday week sales numbers.

Anyways nice to see such strong success of a Nintendo console in Europe.

Yeah european sales numbers are way to low on VG Chartz

tbone51 said:

comparison's sake, these are French sales numbers for other platforms as of March 2017 since their launch and until the end of 2016 according to Gameblog/GfK

Consoles:

1. Wii : 6,293 millions
  2. PS3 : 5,235 millions
  3. Xbox 360 : 3,379 millions
  4. PS4 : 3,221 millions
  5. Xbox One : 1,026 millions
  6. Wii U : 832.000

Handhelds:

1. DS : 10,596 millions
  2. 3DS : 4,765 millions
  3. PSP : 3,582 millions
  4. PS Vita : 535.000

fixed

Congrats Nintendo !

It seems that Nintendo has better managed its stock with the Switch than Wii during their launch. Switch's shortage did not last more than 2-3 months while it took more than half a year for the Wii before being able to find it without much problem.