Forums - Movies Discussion - Hollywood anti catholic bullshit needs to stop

I studied RE for a long time at Catholic school.

Then I saw a TV program on the origins of Christianty. How it branched from Egyptian religion. How and why it was picked to replace the Roman Gods.

Then I studied Mathematics and Physics to cover the aspects of what it means to disprove something. How often people have been wrong or inaccurate. How it is important to not get attached to ideas. How intuition is often incorrect vs logical proof.

So at the end of the day - I’m too old for this. God lives along with Santa and the Toothfairy. No way am I going to say that Transubstantiation or the Trinity is a thing. It makes no sense.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

I will concur religion has brought us good things as well.

Such as?

Chris Hu said:
Since its pretty easy to debunk all religions as nothing more then myths and fairy tales all religions should be criticized more and more often.

what evidence do you have to prove that there's no god?

ArchangelMadzz said:
Catholicism should be made fun of, I'm sure a high percentage of priests know it's bs.

Protestantism, or any other from of monotheistic religion, is equally much bullshit though.

Flilix said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Catholicism should be made fun of, I'm sure a high percentage of priests know it's bs.

Protestantism, or any other from of monotheistic religion, is equally much bullshit though.

100%

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Chris Hu said:
Since its pretty easy to debunk all religions as nothing more then myths and fairy tales all religions should be criticized more and more often.

It's impossible to scientifically prove that something does or does not exist, if that thing doesn't have a proper definition.

Ka-pi96 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

And even that completely misses the point. There is no possibility of scientific proof of God. God's essence is fundamentaly unknowable to us since it is literally everything. Even philosophers like Bertrand Russel don't bring up scientific arguments, this is exclusively a debate in the realm of theology and philosophy.

But these other institutions exist. And your logical fallacy is that if it would have been an atheïst institution, these negative things wouldn't have happend. Sorry to burst your bubble. And there is no "net negative effect". That's a popular thing to say, but the public is not always right. Think for yourself.

If it exists then science can prove it, maybe not modern day science, but eventually. If you think otherwise you clearly don't know much about science.

And at a religious person saying "Think for yourself". That really is hilarious.

"If it exists then science can prove it, maybe not modern day science, but eventually."

that's not necessarily true, this claim relies on the assumption that we'll eventually advance to the point where we understand every facet of the universe and we may or we may not... personally i'm of the view that we will not

OneTime said:
I studied RE for a long time at Catholic school.

Then I saw a TV program on the origins of Christianty. How it branched from Egyptian religion. How and why it was picked to replace the Roman Gods.

Then I studied Mathematics and Physics to cover the aspects of what it means to disprove something. How often people have been wrong or inaccurate. How it is important to not get attached to ideas. How intuition is often incorrect vs logical proof.

So at the end of the day - I’m too old for this. God lives along with Santa and the Toothfairy. No way am I going to say that Transubstantiation or the Trinity is a thing. It makes no sense.

Christianity branched of from Judaism. I thought that was a well know fact?!

Flilix said:
o_O.Q said:

It's impossible to scientifically prove that something does or does not exist, if that thing doesn't have a proper definition.

so how can dark matter exist? scientists claim that it makes up 97% of the universe and it has no proper definition

black holes? quasars? etc etc etc

ArchangelMadzz said:

Right, many of the people who put their heart and soul in it know it's "BS". You people should have a bit more respect.